Former MAFS Australia groom launches a GoFundMe to save his hacked Instagram account

He dated Jessika Power for two months

Married at First Sight Australia groom Nick Furphy launched a GoFundMe, which has since been removed, to help save his “livelihood” after his Instagram account was hacked.

Nick Furphy appeared on MAFS Australia season four and is facing “challenging” times after his Instagram, with 72,000 followers, was hacked.

His main source of income is said to be his social media and the only way to get his account back is to pay $3,633 to restore it. The former groom turned to GoFundMe to raise the money.

The fundraiser reads: “Help a reality star in need as he fights to get his Instagram account back from the clutches of evil hackers! This poor guy’s entire livelihood and happiness depends on his verified Instagram account.

“Without it, Nick can’t make a living, go to events, or even pick up chicks! (Okay, maybe that last one isn’t so important, but you get the idea).”

The GoFundMe reportedly had donations from season 10 groom Dan Hunjas and Nick’s ex-girlfriend, Jessika Power. The former reality TV star is currently using his backup Instagram page while he awaits the restoration of his verified one.

The fundraiser description continued: “I am not just asking for money to restore Nick’s Instagram account, but for your support in getting back to what he does best: entertaining and inspiring others.

“Your contribution will help Nick regain control of my online presence and continue to provide for myself and my loved ones. I understand this is a difficult time for everyone, but if you are able to donate any amount, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.”

Nick Furphy dated former MAFS Australia bride Jessika Power for two months in 2019. The pair called it quits after the distance between each other took its toll.

At the time, Nick said: “Am I upset? A bit disappointed, but its early days. I think it was a mutual thing and we’ll keep going forward. There are plenty more birds out there but there’s no rush. I’m just going to live my life and take it easy.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.