Who is Renee Rapp

Reneé Rapp is TikTok’s ultimate cool girl who we all aspire to be deep down

The Mean Girls musical girlies are all in their slay era

Reneé Rapp is TikTok’s latest cool girl and honestly, we’re truly not worthy of her iconic behaviour. The singer and actress grabbed the attention of everyone after making her Broadway debut in a leading role at just 20 years old and the rest is history.

Since starring in the TV shows that have resonated with a lot of us, Reneé has been all anyone can talk and make edits about on TikTok. Here’s everything you need to know about Reneé Rapp, TikTok’s ultimate cool girl.

Reneé is 23 and is from North Carolina

Who is Renee Rapp

via Instagram @reneerapp

Reneé Rapp is 23 years old and is from Huntersville in North Carolina. Reneé transferred to Northwest School of the Arts whilst in high school and the rest in history. At just 18 years old, Reneé won Best Performances by an Actress at the Jimmy Awards in New York City and her career skyrocketed from there.

She made her Broadway debut as Regina George at 20 years old

After a series of performances at Feinstein’s/54 Below and roles in various off-Broadway musicals, Reneé made her Broadway debut in Mean Girls the Musical in New York City. Reneé starred as Regina George for a limited run before it became permanent. Reneé was still in the role when Broadway was shut down due to the Covid-19 pandemic and Mean Girls never reopened.

Reneé is currently starring in The Sex Lives of College Girls

Who is Renee Rapp

via Instagram @reneerapp

In 2020, Reneé was cast as Leighton in The Sex Lives of College Girls on HBO Max. Leighton is the “affluent legacy student” who was largely raised with her brother by an au pair from Marseille.

Talking about her character to Insider, Reneé said: “What I love about Leighton is she is, I think, a really caring person. She cares a lot. I think that another coping thing is just acting like everything’s cool and acting like everything’s good.

“But no matter really what she goes through she’s always going to be there for somebody when they need it. And I think that’s really special.”

She also makes her own music and released her first EP in 2022

via Instagram @reneerapp

Reneé Rapp can truly do it all. She currently has two EPs out and in 2022 she released her first one called Everything to Everyone and she released the deluxe version in 2023. Talking to Rolling Stone about how she got into music, Reneé said: “I wanted to be Beyonce. I used to watch the award shows for music, and just cry after, because it was the greatest night of my life. But I was also filled with such FOMO and envy. I couldn’t watch it anymore. I was that jealous.”

In January 2023, Reneé performed at the sold out O2 Forum Kentish Town, after upgrading her venue three times. She’s a big deal.

She is besties with her Sex Lives of College Girls co-star Alyah Chanelle Scott

via Instagram @reneerapp

Alyah Chanelle Scott also stars in The Sex Lives of College Girls as plays Whitney Chase. Whitney is the “star soccer player” who has an affair with her assistant soccer coach on the TV series. Reneé and Alyah’s Instagram have loads of Instagram photos with the both of them and they are absolute icons.

Reneé is set to reprise her role as Regina George in a movie version of the Mean Girls musical

Who is Renee Rapp

via Instagram @reneerapp

It was recently announced that Reneé was set to reprise her role as Regina George in the Mean Girls movie musical, alongside Auli’i Cravalho and Angourie Rice. Reneé told People was “very excited” about the movie.

She said: “I’m very excited about that movie because I think it’s going to be a breeding ground for creativity. It’s an amazing team, and it’s going to be so many people that I trust. I’m so excited to work with [a team] who, I know, are looking out for myself, cast, crew [and] everyone who works on the project’s best interest, health, safety, mental health – everything.”