Love Island 2023 wishlist

Listen up Love Island: If you want people to watch this series, this is what needs to change

Please, no more baby challenge

Winter Love Island 2023 is right around the corner, just six months after the summer show aired. With new rules for the Islanders and an entire new villa, there’s no telling how popular this season of the reality TV dating show will be. With every season of Love Island, fans reminisce on the good times of the earlier seasons and just how fun and chaotic they all were. Now the new season is right around the corner, it’s time for the show to make some changes if they really want fans to engage with it. Here is a wishlist of eight things Love Island 2023 needs to do to get people watching this year’s winter series:

1. Stop showing dry conversations, no one cares about the beanbag!

We want to see Islanders having meaningful conversations, something that former contestants say were now shown in episodes. In 2021, Sharon Gaffka claimed a conversation she had about her sexuality was cut from the TV show. It came after having a chat with Faye when her fellow Islander asked her if she was bisexual. Speaking with Metro, Sharon said: “A lot of the conversations I had about modern dating on the show were never aired, but I was very open about sexuality and being a mixed-race woman in modern dating.”

Love Island 2023 wishlist

via ITV

2. It’s time to stop with the food challenges

No one, and I mean absolutely no one wants to see Islanders spit food and drink down each other’s throats. Thankfully, Love Island have confirmed it was getting rid of its notorious food challenges in the upcoming winter series. A source told The Sun: “There are going to be lots of activity based challenges this series to make up for the lack of food ones. Bosses decided it was time to move on food wastage as they try and be as environmentally friendly as possible.” ITV confirmed the news and said it was “stepping away” from the truly gross food challenges.

via ITV

3. Bring back the times we could see the Islanders smoking

Back in the OG days, Love Island used to show the Islanders smoking while having conversations and nothing beats a smoking area chat. It was later banned and the contestants were no longer able to smoke on screen and since have had to go outside the villa to do so. Before it was banned, one Islander revealed that contestants could smoke up to 20 cigarettes a day.

Craig Lawson, who had a brief stint in 2017 said: “The show normally provides 20 cigarettes a day per person – so five people equates 100 cigarettes. They are on mass supply.” It was revealed that in the 2022 summer series, Adam Collard would vape outside the villa. I simply have go to know if farmer Will likes a blueberry razz Elf Bar.

Love Island 2023 wishlist

via ITV

4. It’s time for the sex nicknames to stop

Are we all 10 year old? No. I rest my case.

5. If the bombshells aren’t bombshelling like Ekin-Su, it’s a wrap

Ekin-Su was the Islander who made Love Island 2022 and that’s because she gave every former bombshell a run for their money. Her sheer confidence in herself was iconic and everything she did in the next few days after entering the villa was like nothing fans had ever seen before. The terrace crawl? Iconic! It’ll be interesting to see if anyone can top it this year.

Love Island 2023 wishlist

via ITV

6. Someone needs to scream MESSAGE every time they get a text to honour King Ovie

This may be a personal request but if we’re being honest, it’s needed. Ovie is one of the only Casa Amor Islanders that everyone still talks about today and sure it’s for his chill nature, his gorgeous aura but most importantly it’s for how he announced getting a text. If you’re a true Love Island fan, you’ll know and every Islander needs to do that with a massive emphasis. Thank you in advance.

via ITV

7. The baby challenge doesn’t need to be every year

Sure, the baby challenge is a staple but it is so long and jarring. It was fun for the first few seasons but it’s a major snoozefest. No one was really that bothered for the 2022 baby challenge. It’s time to call curtains on that one.

via ITV

8. Bring back Stormzy

No entrance will ever beat Stormzy’s on a video call to the villa in 2017. During a challenge, Islanders were read tweets about that and one that was featured was from Stormzy himself. It was too iconic and every year fans reminisce on just how good that challenge was and the fact the rapper later video called the villa. So, get Stormzy to log back into Twitter and do his thing!

via ITV

Winter Love Island 2023 starts on January 16th. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.