We’re hiring: Creative, The Tab

Come and work with us

We are looking for a talented and ambitious Creative to join our editorial team – to deliver impressive creative campaigns for our clients and write for our millions of readers at thetab.com.

As Creative, The Tab you are responsible for all writing and delivery of quality campaigns for household brands, driving the company towards its goal of being a highly influential youth media brand. 

The Tab’s mission here is to deliver branded content that is just as impressive as our editorial. As part of that mission, you will write super-engaging stories for brands that are also loved by our readers. The Tab has delivered campaigns for ASOS, Adobe, NatWest, NHS, Sky and Red Bull, Bumble, YouTube, and VK to name a few.

A Tab x Bumble campaign

You will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the CEO on each campaign – and will be responsible for each project from start to finish. This includes coming up with creative ideas, as well as writing them, and feeding back to the client.

Some examples of our campaigns:

NHS: Quiz: Design an outfit for your first seminar back, and we’ll accurately guess your uni

NATWEST: Take this quiz to find out if your loan will actually last this Freshers’

RBS: The Tab’s guide to Edinburgh

ASOS: We spoke to the ASOS fashion team about what everyone is wearing on campus this winter

When you are not managing these campaigns, you will be writing editorial stories for our 18-25 audience on thetab.com

This is a great opportunity to take full responsibility for a new growth area while working as part of a young, sociable, and hardworking editorial team. 

A candidate with 1 year of experience in a similar creative role in an editorial company would be preferred.

A Tab x VK campaign

Key responsibilities:

• Pitching well-known clients impressive story ideas that will be a hit with our readers
  • Writing all stories for our creative brand partnerships
  • Building great relationships with clients and agencies, to ensure we deliver above and beyond
  • Sending campaign reports to clients
  • Facebook marketing
  • Writing as part of the editorial team for our national site thetab.com

You must have:

• A degree and 2.1 from a UK university
  • A natural flair for writing fun, engaging, and well-read stories – as demonstrated by having published at least three stories in a publication like The Tab OR 6 months+ working on creative campaigns for another brand
  • An inherent understanding of what Tab readers care about, and youth trends
  • Excellent people skills, and proof of this
  • Knowledge of photoshop, Facebook boosting, and Google Sheets are desired
  • A genuine passion for writing, social media, and creative marketing<

After a year in this role, you will have:

• Delivered at least 10 successful campaigns for big brands
  • Written impressive stories (creative and editorial) that have reached hundreds of thousands of Tab readers

You will get:

• Full editorial training
  • 25 days holiday a year
  • Flexible office working
  • 24/7 access to doctors via the private WeCare app – for your physical or mental health
  • Salary dependent on experience
  • Company MacBook

To apply:

• Email your CV and 3 reasons (with examples) as to why you should get this job to [email protected]
  • Using your knowledge of The Tab’s editorial, pitch 2 light-hearted and engaging stories for thetab.com – they should be relevant at the time of your application. Please include a suggested headline and a brief synopsis for each

Applications close on Sunday, October 3rd.