What actually is the ‘clock fingering’ technique showed in Sex Education?

Please don’t ever do this to a girl

In Sex Education season two Otis googles ‘how to finger’ so he can pleasure Ola. The technique he finds is called the ‘clock’ technique, which does not work on her at all and she has to fake an orgasm.

He jabs about a bit at her clit, watching the clock and essentially guiding his hand around it as if it’s a clock and he’s got to hit each hour.

If you were wondering what the full god awful fingering technique is meant to be about, then allow me to enlighten you.

1. Its’ all about sensitivity

According to the one website which actually recommends this as a way to get a girl off, the technique is all about working the sides of the clit to work out which is most sensitive.

2. Imagine the clit as a clock face

Imagining the clit as a clock face, trace your finger around it and start to rub at where every hour of the clock would be. This is what we see Otis do when he’s looking at the clock rather than Ola’s clit.

3. It’s best to use lube

The website recommends using a ‘slick’ fingertip on a ‘lubricated’ clitoris to best work this technique.

4. The clit is a small space but you’ll be surprised with the results

The technique is a little hard to master because the clit is ‘small’ or probably because it involves jabbing at it as if it’s a watch and not listening to what the girl in question actually wants from fingering.

Don’t do what Otis did. via Netflix

You should never ignore the clit whilst fingering but prodding at it so mechanically is guaranteed way to not get yourself invited back into a girl’s bed. It will hurt, it will be awkward and she will not enjoy it.

If you want to know how to successfully get a girl off using just your fingers then please consult our handy guide. And again, please don’t ever work the clock technique on any woman.