University of Sheffield climbs league tables for third year running

Hallam stayed put in 63rd

The University of Sheffield has been ranked 18th, two spots up from last year, after breaking into the top 20 of The Complete University Guide last year.

Sheffield Hallam has stayed put in 63rd where it was ranked last year.

However, Hallam has been ranked in the top ten for four different subjects, up from three last year.

Similarly, the University of Sheffield is now ranked among the top ten for 17 subjects, one more than last year.  The university is ranked as the best in the UK for architecture, and nursing & midwifery.

The rankings are based on an average of scores across a number of different categories such as entry standards, student satisfaction and research quality.

The University of Sheffield received an overall score of 78 per cent, and Hallam was awarded 64 per cent.

The rankings, released last month, contrast with another set of recently released league tables, the QS World University Rankings, in which the University of Sheffield fell out of the world’s top 100 universities for the first time.