Pop: The Metro app every Newcastle student should download

If you’re too lazy to walk to uni, you’re going to want to read this

If you’re like me and wake up every morning still not entirely sure which is the last Metro I can get in order to maximise my lie in and still be on time for my 9am, this app is for you. Pop is an app by Nexus which has been available for Android users since 2020, but has recently been added to the App Store for iPhone users too. It lets you plan journeys, view station car parks, report concerns and view Metro timetables in real time. Now you can be pissed about Metro delays from your phone, too!

Via Pop

The app automatically finds the nearest metro station to you and shows them all on an interactive map – perfect if you’re planning on embarking on your own metro pub crawl.

Via Pop

Pop also provides updates on improvements and closures to lifts and escalators – all the relevant information you hear over the speakers every morning while you wait for the next Metro and promise yourself you’ll get up earlier tomorrow to make the earlier one.

And if you’re one of the few people on the planet who still uses Android, you can even buy your tickets via the app, exactly like the tube. Small victories.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.