Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS: Lancaster has officially won Roses 2023

Lancaster has achieved its first away win since 1985

Lancaster University has been announced as the winner of Roses 2023.

On Sunday afternoon, it was announced Lancaster had won the golf, passing the threshold of 163.5 points needed to win the competition.

The University of York Students’ Union (YUSU) announced on Instagram that Lancaster had won the varsity event.

Roses is the annual varsity competition between Lancaster University and the University of York where various teams participate to score points in a bid to win the title.

Away wins are notoriously more difficult to achieve due to the lack of a home crowd. This is the first time Lancaster has accomplished this since 1985. This brings the overall number of wins since Roses began up to 28 for both Lancaster and York.

This year, Roses runs at the University of York from Friday 28th April, until the evening of Sunday 30th, with some events taking place prior to the main event in the week before.

There are still fixtures this afternoon, including Basketball and Ballroom Dancing, with the Closing Ceremony at 6:30pm.

Updates on all events and outcomes can be found on the Roses Live website.

Image via Roses Live website.

This year, Lancaster and York Tabs are collaborating to bring you coverage like never before – by working together, rather than competing like our sports teams are. Keep an eye out for unbiased reporting of scores and what’s happening around Roses 2023.

Related articles recommended by this writer