Save your pennies: The best food places in Glasgow for a student discount

Whilst we’re all already waiting for that October SAAS payment

September is upon us, which means parties, forcing the most out of the last of beer gardens season, and university life is back. But it’s not easy to be a student and still go out without spending a fortune on food and drinks.

Luckily, an extensive variety of places in Glasgow offer a 10 to 50 per cent student discount. So, you can enjoy a nice meal, drink or even play bowling without saving up for a whole month.

Stack and Still – 25 per cent off

Stack and Still offer a 25 per cent discount and have locations all over Glasgow and the central belt of Scotland. A massive menu that offers different types, tastes, or quantities of pancakes, so you will be able to find something to suit everyone.

Sano Pizza – 25 per cent off

If you are in the mood for some pizza then you can get a great deal at Sano Pizza. They offer 25 per cent off for students and are located in Finnieston, which is only seven minutes from the University of Glasgow. They also have a delivery if you don’t feel like venturing out.

Bella Italia – 30 per cent off

From Sunday through Thursday, Bella Italia offers 30 per cent off your food order for an Italian treat. Simply enter your email address on their website to receive a code, which you then present with your student ID when completing your order.

Las Iguanas – 25 per cent off

If you’re looking for some Latin American cuisine, Las Iguanas is the place to go. From Sunday through Thursday, you get a 25 per cent student discount on your food bill. With one student card, you can get a great deal for six people, and you can use additional cards if you have a bigger group.

Yo! Sushi – 20 per cent off

If you are feeling like having a set of sushi then you need to head to Yo! Sushi, which is now offering students 20 per cent off their meal bill. All you have to do is create a UNiDAYS account and then enter the code when paying your bill.

Tenpin Glasgow – 50 per cent off standard games

Want an activity not wholly centred around drinking? With your student card, you may enjoy 50 per cent of normal games at Tenpin from 6pm on Sunday to 5pm on Friday. This means that students may bowl for only as much as £4.28, so grab your friends and plan a night of friendly competition.

Jungle Rumble – £12 for golf and a drink

Not a food discount but if you’re looking for a fun night out after a long week of studying, come to Jungle Rumble in the city centre for some mini golf. They offer discounts on courses as well as a package for £12 that includes a round of golf and your choice of drink.

Related stories recommended by this author: