Edinburgh Uni students take on Movember 2023

‘Growing a Mo is like wearing a symbol representing healthier men and a healthier world’

Movember is well underway and it’s no secret that Edi students love the iconic moustache look, especially when combined with a mullet. No surprise then that our Edinburgh lads have well and truly delivered this year. We’ve collated some of the best taches so far – read on and thank me later.

Let’s take a look at all of our Movember veterans this year who have committed to the shave to raise money for these men’s mental and physical health charities:

The Law Boys

First up we’ve got Edinburgh Law Society “with some of Edinburgh’s most sought after taches finding homes on the handsome faces of this talented crop of lawyers.” These taches are so good, it should be illegal.

The Law Boys, Edinburgh University’s Law Society football team, have kindly sent us in their pics and it’s a good look for them. They’ve already raised £230 of their £500 target in aid of the Movember Foundation, a charity “committed to challenging the status quo by shaking up men’s physical and mental health research.” They tackle issues such as suicide prevention and prostate and testicular cancer and describe “growing a mo” as “wearing a symbol representing healthier men and a healthier world.”

If you would like to donate to their fundraiser click here and show our law boys some support! (Remember, you never know when you will need to be on the good side of a lawyer in the future).

The University of Edinburgh Swimming team

Let’s dive right in and look at the next lot of lads who have braved the shave. The Swim Team are raising money for the Movember Foundation this year.

If you don’t know what a great moustache looks like, it’s staring you right in the face. The performance swimmers are not shy of a bit of healthy competition, and they have raised just over £300 so far! If you would like to donate click this link to their Movemberpage.

The Edinburgh University Men’s Hockey Club

They’ve braved the shave and are growing their moustaches in aid of It’s in the Bag – a charity supporting men living with testicular cancer, run by a group of survivors dedicated to raising awareness of the disease and increasing survival rates for those with testicular cancer. If you would like to find out more about their work – click here to read their story.

If you’d like to donate to our hockey boys’ fundraiser, click here for their page. They’ve raised over £2,000 so far for their chosen charity. These lads are certainly dedicated to their cause as this is the fifth year that the Hockey team have raised funds for It’s in the Bag.

We’ve seen some truly great stuff so far, and although it’s a tough one, it is time to award the best of the bunch. From left to right, we’ve got: Keir from the Law Society, Giuseppe also from the Law Society and Dax from Edinburgh University Men’s Hockey Club.

Congratulations, you receive the honorary title of most sought-after moustaches. I’m sure this is the award of a lifetime for you all.