Come Dine With Me is looking for Cardiff students to be their next dinner party hosts

Let the battle of the pesto pastas commence

Channel 4’s cooking series Come Dine With Me is coming to Cardiff this April and they’re looking for students to be the stars of the show.

If you’re a fan of cooking (the key word being cooking not microwaving), are fun to be around, and think you can host the perfect dinner, applications are now open on Channel 4’s website.

Who wouldn’t want to miss the chance of becoming the show’s next legendary meme, sitting in the meme hall of fame with the likes of the “What a sad little life, Jane” speech and the guy who stuck a whole whisk in his mouth?

Just imagine camera crews and unsuspecting Cardiffians turning up in Cathays on a Wednesday.

Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, Come Dine With Me is a contest between five participants each trying to win £1k by hosting the perfect dinner party. Each host gets rated on a scale from one to ten and on the fifth day, a winner is announced.

The show has given us many iconic dishes including a sausage trifle, steak americano, and sushi en-naked-man, so whatever you’re fancying whipping up, it surely can’t be as bad as these.

Filming will take place between the 17th and 21st April and the criteria for applying are to be over 18 years old, not to be a professional cook, and to live in or near Cardiff.

So, if you fancy showing off your cooking skills with the stunning backdrop of rat-ridden Cathays behind you, applications are open here.