Swansea Uni is providing free breakfasts to students to fight the cost of living crisis

The scheme is available at both Bay and Singleton campuses

Swansea University’s Students’ Union is holding a free breakfast club for students to help those struggling with the cost of living crisis. 

The scheme will be available on Tuesdays from 9:30am at Y Twyni on Bay Campus and on Thursdays at JC’s on Singleton Campus.

With the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages rising by 16.4 per cent in the year to October 2022, many students may face increased food insecurity. In November 2022, the NUS released their Cost-of-Living Research. Over a fourth had less than £50 per month after paying rent and bills, according to its online survey of 4,500 UK students in October 2022. 

Besides holding breakfast clubs, Swansea Uni Student Uni is also providing food packages to students facing hardships on 3rd February at Faraday Foyer, Singleton Campus from 2:30 pm to 5 pm.

However, other Welsh universities are also providing assistance for those struggling during the cost of living crisis, including £2 lunches at Cardiff University’s Students’ Union and canteens at Cardiff Met selling their short-date food for lower prices.

Feature Image Credit: Google Earth and Instagram

Related stories recommended by the writer: