Here’s how BU students can enjoy 200 free minutes on Beryl electric bikes and scooters

Students with a valid BU email can explore the city at ease

Students with a valid Bournemouth University email have the opportunity to enjoy 200 free minutes on Beryl bikes, e-bikes and e-scooters, making it easier than ever to zip around town and discover all that Bournemouth has to offer.

Bournemouth University has extended its partnership with Beryl to roll out an exciting initiative to encourage eco-friendly transportation and exploration of the picturesque coastal town. The Beryl app, which is available for download on both Android and iOS devices, allows users to access a fleet of 1200+ bikes, electric bikes and scooters in the town. And with so many picturesque destinations to explore, here’s a run down of everything you need to know.

Here’s how to get started

First things first, you’ll need to download the Beryl app to access those 200 free minutes. Secondly, you will need a valid driver’s licence (of any country). Once downloaded on your phone, sign in using your BU email address, go to the promotions tab to add the code BUBERYL200.

You can then locate a bike or a scooter on the app’s map feature. The bikes, e-bikes and e-scooters are strategically placed in 355 places throughout Bournemouth for convenient access.  

Scan the QR code on the vehicle with your smartphone to unlock it. The app will guide you on how to safely ride the bike or scooter. When you’re done, park the vehicle in a designated area indicated on the app. 

Some Scoot-tastic destinations you can visit with Beryl:

Bournemouth Buzz: Scoot Into Savings With Beryl's 200 Free Minutes!

Like at the beginning of every term, with BU’s 200 free minutes at your disposal, the possibilities are endless. Here are some ideas to get your scoot-tastic journey started:

Ride to uni in style

Whether your class is in The Talbot or the Landsdowne Campus, you can pick a Beryl e-bike or e-scooter to go to class. When you arrive at the university, park it in a designated parking area or a spot that adheres to local regulations. With the 200 free minutes offered by Bournemouth University, it is a cost-effective and sustainable transportation option for students.

Beach bliss

Scoot down to the famous Bournemouth Beach, where you can catch some rays, build sandcastles, or take a dip in the crystal clear waters. Or head east to Boscombe Beach, known for its surf scene and vibrant atmosphere. Don’t worry about parking, just leave your scooter at one of the designated zones nearby. 

Park and picnic

Visit the picturesque Lower Gardens or Central Gardens, and have a picnic amidst the lush greenery. Your scooter can be your trusty companion, parked nearby while you enjoy the serenity. “A perfect date idea,” a student told The Bournemouth Tab. 

Shop ’til you drop

Head to the town centre and explore the myriad of shops, boutiques, and eateries. With your scooter, you can zip from one shop to another, making shopping a breeze.

Art adventure

Discover Bournemouth’s vibrant art scene by scooting various art galleries and street art hotspots. Snap some Instagram-worthy photos along the way!

Foodie fun

Explore the diverse culinary offerings in the city. From seafood by the pier to international cuisine in Westbourne, your scooter is the perfect way to hop between restaurants.

Remember to always follow safety guidelines, wear a helmet, and be considerate of pedestrians and fellow e-bikes on the road. So, if you are a student looking for a quick commute or seeking to explore Bournemouth, the 200 free minutes on the Beryl app are your ticket to an exciting adventure. After that, you can pay as you ride, choose a bundle of 100 to 400 minutes or buy a day pass.

Grab your helmet, and let the scoot-tastic journey begin!

• How to cook an egg and everything else Bournemouth freshers are frantically Googling right now

• These five BU moments shouldn’t be embarrassing but they really are

• These are the 10 most annoying people you’ll meet over your time at BU