Marissa from Love Is Blind admits being ‘p*ssed off’ with Ramses after intimacy talks

‘I’m shocked that I’m not more shocked’

Marissa and Ramses seemed to be such a strong couple in the Love Is Blind pods, but like so many of the others, it didn’t take long for things to completely break down. Ramses faced a lot of backlash after various conversations with Marissa about intimacy during the co-habitation part of the show. The two had many controversial discussions, but the two that stuck out were Ramses’ refusal to wear a condom and his disdain that Marissa would have her period once a month and not feel up to getting physical.

Ramses has been crucified by most of the show’s viewers, but Marissa spoke to the Viall Files about what the conversations were really like off-camera.

Marissa firstly recalled that the conversation was “not as shocking in person” as it appeared to be on camera. She noted that she was “pretty quiet” compared to her usual “bubbly self,” because she could feel the “wheels turning” in her head trying to understand what Ramses was saying.

“I was very annoyed that he even brought this up because we were such a physically intimate couple… he knew the situation,” she said, and acknowledged that he wasn’t just talking about sex, but also “other forms of physical affection.”

Marissa also said that having the “third person view” of watching behind the camera was “just so different” compared with what actually went down, but had to admit that Ramses’ comments “did not look good.”

“I don’t think Ramses meant the conversation to come across that way. The wording and how it came across for him… he didn’t realise what he was saying,” she explained. However, when she was asked if it would be right for Ramses to blame the editing for his portrayal during the conversations, Marissa said no.

That’s not to say there wasn’t another conversation had off-camera about birth control. People were very mad when he told Marissa that he didn’t want to wear condoms because sex “doesn’t feel as good,” but Marissa warned that we “weren’t seeing the full conversation.” She mentioned that they also “talked about vasectomy” and Ramses admitted to having “male privilege” when it came to the topic.

“As a woman, you’re kind of conditioned at times to deal with guys like that… just another guy wanting to be physically affectionate with me. I’m shocked that I’m not more shocked.”

During the period sex conversation, she described being “p*ssed off” and “really annoyed” at Ramses because she was “carrying the weight of the wedding planning” as well as being in law school and having an autoimmune disease flare-up. But, being a self-labelled “people pleaser” she felt that she didn’t kick off as much as she could have.

It’s not looking good for Marissa and Ramses so far, but we’ll have to tune into the reunion to see if anything exciting has happened over the last year. Although, I’m not holding my breath.

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.