Paul Mescal running away

Paul Mescal has broken his silence on *those* rumours he’d ‘run away from his dates’

Even he can’t outrun the truth

Cast your mind back to last year when there were rumours aplenty that Paul Mescal had a bizarre habit of going on a date with a girl then abandoning her in the middle of a park and quite literally “running away.” I’ve now been suspicious every time I see him in short shorts, and obviously, the rumours were started on TikTok because of course they were. 

User Erin Mary Smith originally started the rumour about Paul Mescal running away from his dates, and ngl that’s something I’d put on my CV.

She claimed: “This is from a lot of sources, he goes around North London begging women for threesomes. And then when he does actually get with a girl, he’ll say to her the next day ‘hey, do you wanna go for a walk?’ and then in the middle of the chat he will just leg it and do a runner and leave her in the middle of the park.”

You genuinely cannot make this stuff up. 

Well, we were all left waiting in anticipation about whether there was actually any truth to the rumours and assumed we’d never actually hear anything from Mr Mescal himself. 

But in a shocking twist, he actually addressed the speculation about whether he ran away from dates in an interview with GQ.

He explained he first saw the videos when he was spending Christmas with his family, revealing: “We were looking at the videos and we were pissing ourselves at it. Categorically untrue.

“And we were laughing, laughing, laughing, laughing. The one thing that upset me was that I was in the kitchen, I remember my mum looking at the videos and she was getting upset. Isn’t that devastating?

“I was like, Oh, it’s funny to us… my brother, me, my sister… because we know that this is the way the internet works. It’s hilarious. If it was true, it’d be f**king bad, but as a rumour, it’s funny. Then I was like, Oh, if you’re a mother, her impulse is to come out and be like, ‘he wouldn’t do this.’”

I can finally sleep at night now. 

For all the latest news and drama and drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook