Lyle and Erik Menendez real house on TikTok

These TikTokers managed to get into the real Menendez house to show what it looks like today

It looks so different to the luxury home it once was

TikTokers have been posting videos of them walking around the real life house that once belonged to the Menendez family, showing how different it looks today.

The Beverly Hills home is at 722 North Elm Drive, in Beverly Hills, California. The house was originally built in 1927, and redesigned in 1984. On August 20th, 1989, Lyle and Erik Menendez killed their parents José and Kitty in the family home.

A lot has changed since the time the Menendez family was living in the home – today it is worth a lot more, and it looks as though some renovation work is going on. When Lyle and Erik’s father José bought it, in 1988, he paid $4million, but it’s now worth over quadruple that price.

According to Zillow, the house was last sold earlier this year. It was sold in March 2024, for $17million – the sale was on exactly the anniversary of the day the jury convicted the two brothers of first-degree murder.

The 9,063-square-foot, Mediterranean-style villa boasts seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a pool, a huge balcony and games room. It also has a separate guest house, and tennis court.

TikToks from inside the Menendez house today show it looking very empty, with no furniture or decorations. It looks as though those taking the videos may be construction workers, completing renovation work on the house.

In one video, they do a walk in through the main front doors, and then into the huge main entrance hall – which was recreated a lot in the Netflix series, Monsters. In the clip, you can see the lounge room – where José and Kitty were killed.

A further video gives more of a full tour – and goes inside the lounge room. It also shows the downstairs rooms, including the kitchen, a reception room and another room which leads off to the extensive garden and pool. It ends upstairs, going into the massive bedrooms at the property.

The same TikToker has posted another video, with the caption: “The Menendez brothers’ house today”. It shows the impressive garden and pool area. In the comments, people have confirmed this is the real house over the one used by Netflix, as it features the guest house in the garden – which only the real Menendez home had.

Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.