6am wake-ups and terrible food: What P Diddy’s life in prison right now is actually like

R. Kelly, Ghislaine Maxwell and Fetty Wap have also spent time in the jail

Right now, P Diddy, real name Sean Combs, is being held in prison over a number of charges, including sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution. He has denied all charges, and has also been denied bail – so remains detained ahead of his court date. It’s been reported a trial date has not yet been scheduled.

As all of this is happening, it’s been said P Diddy is having a pretty terrible time in prison. Last year he was partying on a $117million super-yacht and living in his $35million Miami mansion, and this year he’s in a cell in New York. Here’s what we know about P Diddy’s life in jail right now.

P Diddy is currently being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York

Prison P Diddy is being held at

via Google Maps

P Diddy has denied all charges against him and entered a not guilty plea, but because he has been denied bail has remained at the Metropolitan Detention Centre in Brooklyn, New York. It’s used mainly for people awaiting trial in federal courts in Manhattan or Brooklyn.

As per US Weekly, the cells there are colourless and tiny, and the jail is infamously bad on the quality of living scale. “The food is inedible, from what I’ve been told,” Diddy’s lawyer Marc Agnifilo said in an interview after P Diddy was denied bail. “It’s violent. Someone like Mr. Combs might be a target for certain things. We can’t let that happen.”

When P Diddy was first admitted, he was placed on suicide watch. It’s since been reported he is off this, and has been moved to protective custody. There is a small recreational space, a strict eating schedule and showering is allowed every other day.

‘It’s a terrible, horrible place’

Previous inmates spoke to US Weekly, to give an idea of what life might be looking like for Diddy right now. “It’s a terrible, horrible place,” an inmate who was there for three months in 2019 said. “There’s no air movement, and the food is slop.” Prison consultant Sam Mangel added it is “pure hell” there and said: “The MDC is probably the worst federal detention centre in the country.”

There is said to be regular strip searches carried out, limited shower access for inmates and little contact with loved ones, family and friends. According to sources, inmates there get a wake up call every day at 6am, and have some access to buy items at the commissary.

“The prison is disgusting,” the widow of a former inmate, who died in the prison said. “They have rats running through there and everything.”

Sean Combs, P Diddy

via Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock

Who else has lived at the prison P Diddy is in now?

The prison has been home to a number of high-profile inmates over the years, including R. KellyGhislaine Maxwell, rapper Fetty Wap and cryptocurrency fraudster, Sam Bankman-Fried. NXIVM sex cult leader Keith Raniere also spent time at MDC.