Taylor Swift Foo Fighters

Taylor Swift claps back after Foo Fighters made a shady dig claiming she ‘doesn’t play live’

Dave Grohl is braver than me to face the wrath of Swifties

Taylor Swift has seemingly clapped back after Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters made a shady dig at her over the weekend, implying that Swift does not play live during the Eras Tour.

Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters were playing in London whilst Taylor Swift did the Eras Tour at Wembley on Saturday night. Dave Grohl said “When we f*cking played Wembley I remember our manager said, ‘Do you want to play Wembley?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah that would be f*cking great but I don’t really know if we can because I don’t know who is going to show up and then you motherf*ckers came and gave us the biggest shows we’d ever played in our lives.”

Later, he added: “We were joking about the Taylor Swift tour earlier. I know that she’s on her ‘Eras’ tour. I’m telling you man, you don’t want to suffer the wrath of Taylor Swift.

“So we like to call our tour the Errors Tour. We’ve have more than a few Errors and more than a few f*cking Eras as well.” The Foo Fighters frontman then made a shady comment saying: “Just a couple…that’s because we actually play live. What?

“Just saying. You guys like raw live rock ‘n’ roll music right? You came to the right f*cking place!”

The comment was met with backlash from Taylor Swift fans as the Foo Fighters frontman’s comment seems based in nonsense – Taylor Swift has always put on a hell of a live show with vocals and band, even her biggest detractors can’t deny that. Taylor Swift seemingly responded last night too.

During the Eras Tour yesterday, Taylor said “What you just did is an unforgettable moment in not just my life, but every very single one of our crew. The band that’s going to be playing live for you for three and a half hours tonight. They deserve this so much and so does every one of my fellow performers, and you just gave that to us so generously. We’ll never forget it.”

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.

Charli XCX has spoken out against fans who were chanting ‘Taylor Swift is dead’ at her show

An exhaustive list of all 34 versions of her album Taylor Swift has greedily released

Matty Healy allegedly liked a post dragging Swifties for making everything about Taylor Swift

Everyone thinks Charli XCX made a Taylor Swift dig on new album and it’s not subtle at all

Featured image via Shutterstock / Shutterstock.