Brief dates and another split: What really happened with Chelsea and Jimmy after Love Is Blind

Jimmy savagely told Chelsea being on the show ‘made him realise he didn’t want a relationship’

The Love Is Blind season six reunion sure did provide the drama we wanted it to – but one thing everyone is livid it skipped over is everything that’s gone down between Chelsea and Jimmy after they called things off ahead of their wedding.

On the show, Chelsea and Jimmy had a string of arguments, before ending their engagement just days before they were due to head to the altar. It looked as though things were over for good, but then suddenly they started posting matching pictures on Instagram, were spotted hanging out, and it looked as though they had been dating after filming wrapped.

Ahead of the reunion, everyone was sure this would be a huge topic of conversation, and we’d get some clarity as to what’s been going on. Instead, we got nothing. But fear not, because Jimmy and Chelsea have given the rundown on absolutely everything.

Chelsea and Jimmy after Love Is Blind season six

via Netflix

After Love Is Blind, Chelsea and Jimmy briefly dated but then split again

Speaking to US Weekly, the couple have confirmed they did date after the pods and their failed engagement, but have since split again and realised they weren’t meant to be.

“We tried to date for four days after filming was done,” Chelsea said. “It was very short-lived.” She added: “He called me one day and nothing really changed in that little time period, and I thought maybe it would’ve because the cameras weren’t involved, maybe we really could make this work.”

She said their “connection was so strong” so she “gave it a chance” before Jimmy savagely called her and said the experiment “made him realise he didn’t want a relationship.” She added: “And I’m like, ‘Sir, you do realise we were going to get married?’ He was honest and his feelings were valid.”

Jimmy added that he did “want to have a relationship” but ultimately it wasn’t meant to be. “We tried for a bit, but just nothing really came of it,” he said. He said they spent time together “every single day” after production wrapped, and “sort of got right back into it, zero to 100 once again and we had fun during that time.”

Jimmy said he realised some major “skeletons in [his] closet” made it difficult to move forward with Chelsea. “She broke a level of my trust,” he said. “She wanted me to sort of validate how she felt about it, and I will validate how you feel about it 100 per cent of the time, but let’s validate … not on camera. And so we were sort just having that same argument over and over again, and we both just kind came to an agreement that it wasn’t going to work.”

So, it looks as though those videos of them having lunch together were just them hanging out as friends!

All seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.