Tesco voucher

People are getting mugged off by a Tesco voucher which adds a vibrator to your basket

Every little helps!

People are getting royally mugged off by a Tesco voucher that’s going around online that claims to get you an unlimited voucher for £9.50 off your shopping. But when you actually scan it at the self-checkouts, it’s adding a vibrator to people’s baskets.

Joe Godwin initially shared the voucher on X with the caption “Anyone want £9.50 off for Tesco then here it’s unlimited.” The voucher said it works in-store or online and can be used until January 2026.

But people have been getting a bit of a shock when they go to save the money and a “Lovehoney Frisky Rabbit Vibrator Purple” is added to their basket instead. But obviously, with the way that self-checkouts work, this causes a bagging area issue because you haven’t actually got the vibrator and you can’t delete it so it alerts the staff who then have to come over and take it off your till. Every little helps!

People have even been sending it to their mums to try and they’re all falling for it. Someone sent it to their mum all cute and angel-son-like until their mum tried it and called him “a fucking nob”.

Another person, Lewis, who fell for the voucher shared his mortifying story to his mates on a voice note. He said: “So I go to self-checkout and there’s a massive queue behind me as well and I scan this barcode and it adds like 30 quid to it and I was like what the fuck and it added like a massive purple dildo to my self-checkout order. I was like oh fuck, tried to delete it and accidentally pressed the assistance button and now the self-checkout thing is beeping, staff are coming over, and everyone behind me is wondering what the hold up is. I just had to leave, I left all my shit and the dildo still on there.”

He added: “It’s even more peak because it looks like I robbed the dildo now. Because everything else was there that I scanned except the dildo and I ran out of the store. So I don’t know if I can show my face in that Tesco again.” I would literally never leave the house again.

Someone who works at Tesco, Meg,  said that someone tried it in her store yesterday but she didn’t have the heart to tell him why the voucher didn’t work. She said: “Some poor boy tried this at work today and I genuinely couldn’t find it within me to tell him why the voucher didn’t work. Absolutely mortifying.”

Nah this is so jokes I genuinely need to know how many purple vibrators have been cancelled in Tescos up and down the country over the last day or so.

You can’t see the Tesco worker in this picture, only their arm but you just KNOW by the body language that it’s the 26th time they’ve had to do it today and they’re getting more and more annoyed.

Okay but also, since when did Tesco even sell vibrators???