Rishi Sunak trans joke Brianna

Rishi Sunak just made a trans ‘joke’ in PMQs whilst Brianna Ghey’s mum was in parliament

Honestly how much more vile can it get?

Rishi Sunak is getting rightfully dragged after he decided to make a trans ‘joke’ at Keir Starmer in PMQs as Brianna Ghey’s mum Esther was in parliament. His sly digs and jibes towards transgender people are despicable at the best of times, but it truly reaches new depths of vile to be comfortable enough to say them as the mother of a murdered teenage trans girl is in the chamber.

The comment came after Keir Starmer had made a tribute to Brianna as Esther Ghey is due to meet with him later today. He said the death of Brianna has “touched us all.”

The prime minister Rishi Sunak then said “‘We are bringing the waiting lists down for the longest waiters and making progress, but it is a bit rich to hear about promises from someone who has broken every single promise he was elected on.

“I think I have counted almost 30 in the last year. Pensions, planning, peerages, public sector pay, tuition fees, childcare, second referendums, defining a woman, although in fairness that was only 99% of a U-turn.”

Conservatives behind Rishi Sunak were seen laughing after the comments, whereas Labour MPs chanted “Shame.”

Keir Starmer then responded to the trans ‘joke’ Rishi Sunak made, saying “Of all the weeks to say that, when Brianna’s mother is in this chamber. Shame. Parading as a man of integrity when he’s got absolutely no responsibility. I think the role of the Prime Minister is to ensure that every single citizen in this country feels safe and respected, it’s a shame that the Prime Minister doesn’t share that.”

The percentage comment from Rishi Sunak seemingly jibes at Keir Starmer’s comment in the Sunday Times where he said 99.9 per cent of women do not have a penis.

Following the trans ‘joke’ Rishi Sunak made whilst Brianna Ghey’s mother was in the chamber and after the backlash, a Downing St spokesperson said “If you look back on what the Prime Minister was saying, there was a long list of U-turns that the leader of the opposition had been making. I don’t think those U-turns are a joke, it is quite serious changes in public policy. I think it is totally legitimate for the Prime Minister to point those out.”

Keir Starmer has been under fire recently for a lot of his own comments being deemed as transphobic. You know things are bad when even HE is calling out Rishi Sunak for ‘jokes’.