Kylie Jenner embracing the natural look sparks debate about facial filler

People are coming for Kylie Jenner and her apparent facial filler after video goes viral

‘Y’all keep making comments about women’s appearance and wonder why they keep getting fillers’

Kylie Jenner has found herself at the centre of a facial filler debate after footage of her showcasing a much more natural look at Paris Fashion Week went viral.

The whole thing started when Kylie wore much less makeup than she is known for and, because she is literally Kylie Jenner, was papped to the end of the earth by photographers with some high-end cameras while attending the Simone Rocha and Jean-Paul Gaultier shows. When it was posted online, instead of floating on by and just letting your personal, private thoughts wash over, some people thought it was apt to note how her face looked different. Some made it their business to make a point about fillers, something that Kylie has been open about using in the past.

“We’re seeing in real time what long-term filler usage does as you age,” one person captioned the video on X.

This comment, made with little to no understanding of what Kylie has or has not injected into her face, sparked a chain reaction of comments. Some jumped to point out how ridiculous it was to run your mouth so freely about someone else’s face, while others were like, “Can Kylie ever win?”.

One person replied: “Her looks were constantly critiqued and insulted as a youth. Her looks were constantly critiqued and insulted when she was having a lot of work done. Now she’s pulled back a bit, and her looks are still constantly critiqued and insulted.”

Another reflected it was quite unsurprising for someone to change their looks dramatically when they had spent their whole life dealing with the whole wide world judging you for them. Kylie shot to fame as a child on her family’s E! Network reality show Keeping Up With the Kardashians when she was just 10 years old.

“Y’all keep making comments about women’s appearance and wonder why they keep getting fillers,” another person reflected.

“Scathing judgment about something currently socially acceptable to judge is still pretty repellent when the subject is a close-up of a woman’s face. It’s really not cute,” someone else said.

Others tried to explain the footage through sheer science, arguing that facial filler never fully dissolves despite what some might think, arguing it does “literally undermine your face’s structure”.

Another person argued it was a normal face for a 26-year-old to have and urged everyone involved to go “touch some grass”.

In April last year, Kylie enthused about her decision to get non-surgical facial enhancements, labelling her iconic lip filler as “the best thing” while talking about how she wasn’t just some “insecure person” as she was being painted out to be by some.

Speaking to HommeGirls magazine, she said: “I think a big misconception about me is that I’ve had so much surgery on my face and that I was some insecure person, and I really wasn’t! Yeah, I love full lips and wanted full lips, but growing up I was always the most confident person in the room. I was the girl performing for everyone. I had my one lip insecurity thing, so I got lip filler, and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. I don’t regret it. But I always thought I was cute.”

Kylie added that becoming a mother had allowed her to embrace her natural “beauty” more, and it was more about seeing it reflected back in her kids, Stormi and Aire.

Photo credit via Marechal Aurore/ABACA/Shutterstock