Russell Group universities unconditional offers

These are the easiest Russell Group universities to get an unconditional offer from in 2024

And there you were suffering through your A Levels for nothing

Let’s be honest, when you were dragging yourself through your A Levels, you would have KILLED for a cheeky unconditional offer from your dream uni meaning you could just drop everything and stop bothering with those pesky exams. But do all the Russell Groups actually give out unconditional offers and if so, how many?

Well, in addition to telling us the most oversubscribed Russell Group unis, the most popular and the whitest Russell Group universities, the new UCAS 2023 end-of-cycle data tells us how many unconditional offers each Russell Group uni dishes out.

With all of the Russell Group unis being, you know, Russell Group, a lot of them are very stingy with their unconditional offers, only tending to give them out under special circumstances. Only 675 unconditional offers were given out across the entire Russell Group compared to 37,110 across all UK universities, making up only 1.82 per cent of all unconditionals dished out.

The Russell Group that did give out the most unconditional offers was The University of Exeter which gave out 70 in 2023. Following Exeter is The University of Bristol with 65 and King’s College London which gave unconditional offers to 60 students.

London School of Economics is the only Russell Group that gave out no unconditional offers in 2023. Both Oxford and Cambridge gave out 10.

So these are the easiest Russell Group universities to get an unconditional offer from:

24. London School of Economics – zero unconditional offers

23. University of Cambridge – 10 unconditional offers

22. University of Liverpool – 10 unconditional offers

21. University of Oxford – 10 unconditional offers

20. Queen’s University Belfast – 10 unconditional offers

19. University of Sheffield – 10 unconditional offers

18. Imperial College London – 15 unconditional offers

17. University of Southampton – 15 unconditional offers

16. University of Birmingham – 20 unconditional offers

15. University of Edinburgh – 20 unconditional offers

14. University of Manchester – 20 unconditional offers

13. Newcastle University – 20 unconditional offers

12. University of Glasgow – 25 unconditional offers

11. University of Warwick – 25 unconditional offers

10. University of Nottingham – 30 unconditional offers

9. University of York – 30 unconditional offers

8. Cardiff University – 40 unconditional offers

7. Durham University – 40 unconditional offers

6. University of Leeds – 40 unconditional offers

5. University College London – 40 unconditional offers

4. Queen Mary University of London – 50 unconditional offers

3. King’s College London – 60 unconditional offers

2. University of Bristol – 65 unconditional offers

1. University of Exeter – 70 unconditional offers