Squid Game Challenge Netflix sue

Squid Game: The Challenge contestants ‘to sue Netflix’ over ‘inhumane’ filming conditions

Contestants reported getting ‘hypothermia and nerve damage’ as a result of filming conditions

Squid Game: The Challenge was released on Netflix this week, and it’s surprisingly good. But whilst we might enjoy watching the contestants compete in a series of high-stakes children’s games inspired by the TV series, some of the contestants didn’t have the best time on the show.

Some of the contestants of the show are actually planning to sue Netflix over the filming conditions of Squid Game: The Challenge, claiming that they sustained “serious injuries” such as “hypothermia and nerve damage.”

One contestant described the conditions as “absolutely inhumane and had nothing to do with the game.”

Via Netflix

The allegations come after claims that they had to stay motionless for hours in freezing temperatures while filming in the UK. One of the contestants claims she suffered from hypothermia, whilst another has claimed they now have nerve damage. As a result, some of the contestants from Squid Game: The Challenge are now taking legal action to try and sue Netflix.

Daniel Slade of accident specialists Express Solicitors is supervising cases where claims have been made against Netflix’s production company Studio Lambert. He said: “We have sent letters of claim on behalf of contestants injured in this show. We recognise people may see this as a classic ‘David and Goliath’ battle with the company and its production partners.

“Contestants thought they were taking part in something fun and those injured did not expect to suffer as they did. Now they have been left with injuries after spending time being stuck in painful stress positions in cold temperatures.

“One client describes seeing someone faint, and then people shouting for medics. We have a case where someone complains of hypothermia. One had his hands turn purple from the cold. Such injuries can have very serious long-term health implications.

“One of our clients complains of being given ill-fitting clothing despite the cold conditions. From what we’ve been told they pushed the boundaries of safety in the name of entertainment. Production companies need to ensure that health and safety standards on their shows don’t leave people at risk of harm.”

Squid Game Challenge Netflix sue

Via Netflix

A spokesperson for Squid Game: The Challenge said: “We care deeply about the health of our cast and crew, and the quality of this show. Any suggestion that the competition is rigged or claims of serious harm to players are simply untrue.

“We’ve taken all the appropriate safety precautions, including after care for contestants – and an independent adjudicator is overseeing each game to ensure it’s fair to everyone.”

The Tab has reached out to Netflix for comment.

Squid Game: The Challenge is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.