Drag Race UK five start date

Engines? Revved! The start date for Drag Race UK season five has been announced

Danny Beard’s also back hosting The After Shave, where they interview the eliminated queen!

After we finally got a look at the 10 queens strutting into the Werk Room for Drag Race UK season five, today BBC have finally announced the start date for the season and it’s literally just around the corner.

The confirmed start date for the show is 28th September, on BBC Three and on iPlayer. This is pretty standard now, with the last three seasons all premiering at the end of September these last three years. This year, Alexis Saint Pete, Banksie, Cara Melle, DeDeLicious, Ginger Johnson, Kate Butch, Michael Marouli, Miss Naomi Carter, Tomara Thomas and Vicki Vivacious will all be slaying it out to try and be crowned as the UK’s next drag superstar.

Not only that, but we’re also getting an extra show that’s never been done before – Danny Beard will be back with an after show called The After Shave, where the season four winner will interview the eliminated queen of that week . This is a great addition in my opinion – a nice little Untucked alternative for us and gets Danny back involved with the season. The Beard is too good telly to say goodbye to already!

The season’s got iconic guest judges too, the likes of Suranne Jones and Joel Dommett will be popping up to give the queens some judging, as well as the rotating classics of Alan Carr and Graham Norton.

Whilst you’re waiting for the Drag Race UK season five start date, for all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook