Here’s where you recognise the cast of You Are So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah from

It’s a Sandler family affair!

You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah is Adam Sandler’s latest film on Netflix. Having previously starred in both the Murder Mystery movies on Netflix, it’s safe to say we are in for an absolute treat.

The new film is based on the book of the same name by Fiona Rosenbloom. It follows 13-year-old Stacy Friedman as she prepares for her bat mitzvah but her plans go wrong threaten to ruin her big day. And guess what! Adam Sandler’s daughters are the lead roles! I’ve never seen a nepo baby more slay than this.

Along with Adam Sandler’s daughters, the cast is full of famous faces you’re bound to google what other films and TV shows they have appeared in. So when you inevitably go searching, here’s where you recognise the cast of You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah from.

Adam Sandler – Danny Friedman

Adam Sandler and Idina Menzel in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast

via Netflix

Adam Sandler plays Sunny and Sadie’s father in You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah, which shouldn’t be too hard given he is their father in real life. Adam’s character, Danny, is described as “loving and helpful – if a little embarrassing”.

Just some of Adam Sandler’s many, many movies include The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore and 50 First Dates.

Sadie Sandler – Ronnie Friedman

Sadie Sandler in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast

via Netflix

Stacy’s older sister, Ronnie, is played by Sunny’s real life older sister Sadie. Ronnie is “supportive, if long-suffering and always ready with a barb”. Sadie has appeared in a string of her father’s movies including Just Go with it, Blended and Hubie Halloween.

“Sadie has this natural ability to be effortlessly hilarious,” Sammi Cohen said. “Her dry humour and grounded delivery comes from a very real place. She’s obviously a natural when it comes to comedic timing and delivery, but she’s also a really strong dramatic actor.”

Sunny Sandler – Stacy Friedman

Sunny Sandler in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast

via Netflix

Stacy Friedman is the lead in You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah. In the film, Stacy has “big plans” for her party but when she is “at war with her best friend”, the “biggest night of her life is at risk”.

Stacy is played by Sunny Sandler, who has previously starred in Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2.

Idina Menzel – Bree Friedman

Idina Menzel in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast

via Netflix

Idina Menzel is Bree Friedman in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast. Bree is Stacy’s mother who has “no time for nonsense” from her daughters or her husband.

“Adam loved working with her [on Uncut Gems], and we all agreed that she was a natural fit for the Friedman family and for the film as a whole,” director Sammi Cohen told Tudum. “I joke that this is the happy side of their on-screen marriage.”

If Idina’s face doesn’t instantly remind you of who she is, her voice sure will. Idina is the voice of Queen Elsa in the Frozen movies. Her other roles include Maureen in Rent, Nancy Tremaine Enchanted and Vivian in Amazon’s Cinderella remake.

Jackie Sandler – Gabi Rodriguez

via Netflix

You will most definitely recognise Jackie for her various roles in her husband’s films, including Just Go with It, Grown Ups and Big Daddy. Jackie plays Lydia’s mother, Gabi.

Samantha Lorraine – Lydia Rodriguez Katz

via Netflix

Lydia is Stacey’s lifelong best friend who while planning her own bat mitzvah, a boy comes between the friends.

Lydia is played by Samantha Lorraine, who has appeared in The Love Advisor, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and Kid Stew.

“Sunny and Sam had natural chemistry right away,” Cohen told Tudum. “I just continued to foster a real friendship off-screen. I had them make a best friend handshake, we improvised and created childhood memories, talked about previous school years and all of the life experiences they’ve had together.”

Dylan Hoffman – Andy Goldfarb

via Netflix

Dylan Hoffman plays the role of Andy Goldfarb in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast, and he has previously appeared in the TV series Next in 2020. Andy has been Stacy’s crush for years but when he and Lydia hit it off, Andy becomes the boy threatening to break up Stacy and Lydia’s friendship.

Sarah Sherman – Rabbi Rebecca

via Netflix

Rabbi Rebecca, “the quirky and treadmill-loving Hebrew school instructor”, is played by Sarah Sherman in the You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah cast. The SNL comedian has previously appeared in Young Hearts, The People’s Joker and Nimona.

Dan Bulla – Cantor Jerry

via Netflix

Longtime Saturday Night Live writer Dan Bull plays Cantor Jerry, the musical instructor of the Friedman family’s synagogue. Dan has worked as a writer and producer on various Adam Sandy movies, including Sandy Wexler, Murder Mystery and The Do-Over.

Ido Mosseri – DJ Schmuley

via Netflix

Ido Mosseri plays DJ Schmuley, the community’s go-to bat mitvzah party starter. Ido has previously starred in Sandy Wexler, You Don’t Mess with the Zohan and The Electrifiers.

Jackie Hoffman – Irene

via Netflix

Irene, “a bat mitzvah fixture of the golden-years table”, is played by none other than Jackie Hoffman. Viewers will recognise Jackie for her roles in Only Murders in the Building, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and Kissing Jessica Stein.

Zaara Kuttemperoor – Zaara

via Netflix

Zaara is Ronnie’s best friend who may as well be an honorary Friedman given how much time she spends at their house. This will be Zaara Kuttemperoor’s first acting role.

Luis Guzmán – Eli Katz

via Netflix

Luis Guzmánm best known for his roles in Narcos, The Count of Monte Cristo and Netflix’s Wednesday, stars as Eli in You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah. Eli is Lydia’s dad, who is in the middle of a divorce and not too keen on the shopping trip about to commence.

You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah is available to watch on Netflix on Friday 25th August. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.