Eye-watering amount Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling were paid for Barbie has been revealed

Cursing the day I gave up on my dazzling Hollywood career

The amount the top cast members of the Barbie movie got paid for being in the film has been revealed, and honestly, I expected it to be high but this is beyond belief.

Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling are both set for obscene pay days following the film, with further reports claiming this figure could continue to get higher and higher as the film grows in success.

Margot Robbie is reportedly going to be paid $50million for the film, through her salary and box office bonuses. She starred in and produced the summer’s biggest movie, and Variety is reporting this as her expected pay, according to “three individuals with knowledge of her deal.”

How much the main Barbie cast members got paid

via Warner Brothers

Margot Robbie’s straight forward salary for the film has been reported at $12.5million, which is the exact same figure Ryan Gosling is expected to be receiving, for playing Ken. It’s not been estimated how much this figure will rise for Gosling, given box office bonuses too.

Their salaries are still less than 10 per cent of the film’s overall budget – the film had a $145million production budget.

Barbie director and co-writer Greta Gerwig will also likely receive bonuses because of the film’s huge success. It has made over $1.1billion globally – a figure which is expected to continue to grow. How much Greta was paid for the Barbie movie has not been disclosed.

Not a bad day at the office!

For all the latest film and entertainment news, memes and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.