Barbification of TikTok: Inside the milkshake trend that’s turning people into gorgeous Barbies

Erm, hi Ken!

The Barbie Shake trend going viral on TikTok right now sees people turning into Barbie versions of themselves.

TikTok is renowned for spawning weird trends. Just last month we saw McDonald’s Grimace Shake make its rounds as people poured it over themselves and behaved as though they were possessed. Thankfully though the Barbie one has a different vibe to it. The Barbie Shake trend is different though because instead of being poisoned, the pink drink makes you feel so glam. Here’s everything you need to know about the Barbie Shake trend from TikTok.

What is the Barbie Shake TikTok trend?

We’re all so excited for Greta Gerwig’s new Barbie movie, but some are definitely more excited than others. American company, Cold Stone Creamery has released some Barbie-themed desserts that have become part of this new TikTok trend.

The Barbie Shake sees users taking a sip of the milkshake and then spinning around transforming into Barbie. Their clothes swap into pink-coloured crop tops and dresses. They are all slaying to be honest.

@landon.kalin

Trying the new “Coldstone” Barbie Shake!!! #fyp #barbie #barbieshake

♬ Barbie Girl – Aqua

People taking part in the trend are using the iconic Aqua song, Barbie World whilst others have Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice’s version on the go. The Barbie Shake trend has amassed over nine million views and the views are gaining thousands and thousands of likes – there’s truly a Barbification happening right in front of us.