Davide Love Island return

Davide is getting dragged after hinting Love Island return following his split from Ekin-Su

‘I really expected more from you’

Former Love Island winner Davide is being dragged by his Instagram followers after he hinted he would be making a return to the villa just hours after announcing his split from Ekin-Su.

The 2022 winning couple announced they had split up after 11 months together. In a post on his Instagram story, Davide said: “Ekin-Su and I are no longer together. I am grateful for the memories and opportunities we shared together and I wish her nothing but the best. I would like for everybody to respect this decision during this difficult time. I will continue to support Ekin in anyway possible.”

In a twist that first begun in 2022, Love Island have been throwing in bombshells from previous seasons to spice up the drama. This year saw season two alum Kady McDermott enter the villa and now Davide is suggesting who could follow in her footsteps.

Davide posted an Instagram photo of him coming out of a swimming pool and captioned it: “Guess who’s coming back”, and no one is best pleased.

Davide’s followers have not taken to the post too kindly, with one writing: “I really expected more class from you. Sad, really sad.”

“This post was in bad taste. Right after breaking up is just not right,” one user commented, with another writing: “Not a lot to say on this bus that this will not go down as the best decision you have made, and the timing couldn’t be worse. Definitely a poor and tasteless one!”

However, some people weren’t phased by Davide’s caption and defended the former Islander.

“Why does everyone comment like his break up affects them, and like they know him personally?” one user commented.

“None of you commenting know him personally therefore you are basing what you think you know from fake social media and the actual media. Which is exaggerated and also often fake. Concentrate on your own lives. I’m sure Ekin-Su is just fine it was clearly a mutual decision so why everyone’s getting their knickers in a twist about someone they don’t actually know?”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.