Jess broke down in tears and had to be consoled by producers after refusing to film

Big yikes!

Islander Jess Harding was left in floods of tears after a twist on Love Island this week rocked the villa. Last night we saw Jess break down in tears following arguments with Sammy and the couple being voted the least compatible.

Ahead of the twist episode, which aired on Tuesday, it was reported one female Islander had been left so upset by being voted least compatible, they had refused to film scenes. The Sun has since confirmed this was Jess, and she was so upset she had to be consoled by producers before she carried on with the show.

In the show last night, Jess cried and snapped back at her fellow Islanders, calling them “fake” for voting herself and Sammy least compatible, and called it a “cop out” that they had voted for them.

Jess Love Island 2023

via ITV

“I just feel really overwhelmed,” Jess said. “I just feel like so many people have been so fake to me in here.” She continued: “I’m not gonna lie, I did actually think that a lot more people were gonna choose another couple over me and Sammy. Even though we had that little blip, you would know better about actually how compatible we are, and how much we have in common. So I just feel like it was a cop-out for a lot of people.”

The twist has meant she and Sammy, as well as Mitchel and Leah, will not be able to recouple at the next recoupling, and have been forced to break up.

A source close to the show told The Sun: “It really ruffled some feathers — and it got worse when Jess found out she had to go on a date with the new boy. It wasn’t anything personal against him, but a ­producer had to console her while she sobbed and coax her to continue filming.”

The drama continues!

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.