Drag Race Tyra Sanchez arrested

Drag Race winner Tyra Sanchez arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot police

Situations escalated after a minor car crash

RuPaul’s Drag Race season two winner Tyra Sanchez, also known as James Ross or King Tyra, has been arrested in Florida after an incident which resulted in Tyra allegedly threatening to shoot police officers.

In a report obtained by TMZ, Tyra got into a minor car accident in Starke, Florida. When the cops turned up to the scene, Tyra Sanchez allegedly began yelling at the police officers present. The officers tried to calm Tyra down but it didn’t work, and when they tried to handcuff the Drag Race season two winner, Tyra allegedly then threatened to shoot.

The report also says Drag Race winner Tyra allegedly got put into a bear hug by the police and was tasered, but Tyra Sanchez then ran off  before eventually being apprehended and arrested for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest without violence.

It’s a far cry from Tyra Sanchez’ former life as one of the first queens to ever win the show, and take home $25,000. Tyra has often been at the centre of controversies – with the infamous Drag Con ban and recent retiring from drag being just a few scandals. Tyra recently had a spat with Naysha Lopez over All Stars 8 on Twitter.

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 8 and Untucked with the Fame Games streams exclusively in the UK on the streamer of all things drag, WOW Presents Plus. Subscribe here.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.