Phillip Schofield caroline flack interview

Phillip Schofield compares himself to Caroline Flack, admitting he ‘understands how she felt’

‘Do you want me to die? Because that’s where I am’

Phillip Schofield has come forward and said he understands “how Caroline Flack felt” in a bombshell interview with the BBC.

The ex-This Morning presenter spoke to the BBC’s Amol Rajan after he admitted to having an affair with a much younger ITV colleague.

Last week, Phillip was dropped by both ITV and his talent agency and has since told the BBC he has “lost everything.”

Love Island host Caroline Flack was found deceased in February 2020 at the age of 40. A coroner ruled she took her own life after learning prosecutors were going to go ahead with an assault charge following an incident with her boyfriend Lewis Burton.

The situation Caroline Flack was in and how she felt are both something Phillip Schofield says he now understands in the interview. He said: “Last week, if my daughters hadn’t been there then I wouldn’t be here. And they’ve guarded me and won’t let me out of their sight, it’s like a weird numbness. I know that’s a selfish point of view. But you come to a point where you just think, how much are you supposed to take? If all of those people that write all that stuff, do they ever think that there’s actually a person at the other end?”

Amol Rajan asked if Phillip felt strong enough to do the interview and he replied: “I have to. Because there is an innocent person here who didn’t do anything wrong, who is vulnerable and probably feels like I do. And I just have to say, stop with him – leave him alone.”

In the explosive interview Phillip spoke about the criticism he has faced since admitting his affair with a young runner on ITV. He questioned everyone: “Do you want me to die? Because that’s where I am.”

Phillip Schofield said it is relentless and it’s happening day after day. He said he has “lost everything.” He revealed he has deleted all social media apps and notifications on his phone but “well meaning people” have come forward to him with the criticism.