Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has finally dropped! Here’s what the critics are saying about it

The game is available on Nintendo Switch today omg

Nintendo’s Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has just dropped and in comparison to the other games in the Zelda franchise, it has a lot to live up to. For ages this game has been massively hyped up so now it’s finally here! Apparently the game takes around 50 hours to finish and official critics are singing it praises. Keza MacDonald from The Guardian gave the game a 5/5 and said: “I was so absorbed in a labyrinth I’d found at the edge of the map that I nearly missed my boarding call.” I can’t even tell you how excited I am to play.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild was so good, Tears of the Kingdom has big boots to fill. So here’s what people are saying about Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and its ranking on Metacritic and OpenCritic.

Zelda: The Tears of The Kingdom Metacritic

via Nintendo

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Metacritic ranking

At the time of writing, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom sits with a score of 96 on Metacritic. However it started off with a score of 97 but it has since fallen to 96 and sits at number 36 behind Tekken 3 which was released in 1998.

Currently at number one is The Legend of Zelda which has a Metacritic score of 99.

Zelda: The Tears of the Kingdom OpenCritic ranking

It’s good to note OpenCritic and Metacritic both have different methods of calculating their scores. Currently Zelda: The Tears of the Kingdom has a score of 97.22 on OpenCritic, its highest ever.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is out today for the Nintendo Switch – so get going because Link is waiting!