Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story cast

Meet the insanely talented cast of Netflix’s Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story

The actress who plays young Violet is a vibe

It’s finally here! Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story has finally dropped on Netflix and finally everyone can get their Bridgerton fix. This new series is set way before the Bridgerton series, and explains the tale of how Charlotte came to be queen and the friends she made along the way.

Along with the new series comes a whole new cast. While there are some familiar faces, there are X new major characters portraying Queen Charlotte, Lady Danbury, King George and more all in their younger years. A lot of the cast are all breakout actors, so let’s find out some more about them.

Here’s everything you need to know about the cast of Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.

India Ria Amarteifio – Queen Charlotte

India Ria Amarteifio takes on the titular role as young Queen Charlotte and she is such a vibe! She is 21 years old and has been in an array of TV shows and movies before. Avid Netflix users will recognise India for her role in Sex Education as Lizzie.

India also appeared in The Midwich Cuckoos, Line of Duty and more recently, in the movie Military Wives. Her acting first began in 2011 when she made her debut as young Nala in The Lion King and then appeared in Matilda the Musical and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on London’s West End.

India’s currently has 44,700 followers on Instagram and that’ll likely grow as people fall in love with the new series. As of late her Instagram is mainly photos of her and her co-stars on press tours but she is also a lover of the photo dump and often shares with her followers what she gets up to now and again.

Corey Mylchreest – King George

Young King George is played by the stunning Corey Mylchreest. Prior to the Bridgerton spin-off, Corey appeared in an episode of The Sandman as Adonis and in a short film called Mars.

Corey doesn’t have many posts on his Instagram besides photos from the Bridgerton and The Sandman series. If there is one thing to take away from his Instagram, it’s that he loves a close up in his selfies.

Arsema Thomas – Lady Danbury

When Arsema Thomas was announced as Lady Danbury, everyone just knew this series was going to be like no other. Arsema has appeared in two projects prior to this, One Touch and Redeeming Love.

Arsema is the daughter of two diplomats and was born in the USA but her family moved to Uganda when she was two weeks old, according to Cosmopolitan. She is also an activist and stands up for what is right.

“It’s the one thing you can fight for and know you’re on the right side [of history],” she told Cosmopolitan. “The exact point of racism is to strip people of their humanness and uniqueness. When I recognised that, it became a necessity to make [activism] part of whatever I do for the rest of my life, because it fulfills me.”

Connie Jenkins-Greig – Lady Bridgerton

Connie Jenkins-Greig plays the role of young Violet in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. Prior to this she has had roles in 15 projects, including The Kid Who Would Be King, The Dead Collectors and Mr Selfridge.

Connie’s character has been described as “a kind and inquisitive teenager who has not yet entered the marriage mart… or famously become a Bridgerton.”

Sam Clemmett – Brimsley

Sam Clemmett stars as young Brimsley in the new series, who in the Bridgerton series is Queen Charlotte’s right hand man. Sam is best known for his roles in Cherry, The War Below and Endeavour. Similarly to India, Sam has a theatrical background and made his Broadway debut as Albus Potter in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Tunji Kasim – Adolphus

Tunji Kasim in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story

via Netflix

Adolphus is Charlotte’s brother and he is played by Tunji Kasim. After growing up in both Scotland and Nigeria, Tunji made his professional debut in Big White Fog at the Almeida Theatre. He has also appeared in The CW’s Nancy Drew, Florence Foster Jenkins and The Good Liar.

According to his IMDb, Tunji is a began and is passionate about “living a life that excludes all forms of animal exploitation and cruelty, whether it be from food, clothing and more.”

In an interview with Awards Daily, Tunji said he hopes the new series can connect “with a whole new audience”. “Hopefully people connect and like what they see. We’re very excited to be sharing it with the world at this point.”

Freddie Dennis – Reynolds

Freddie Dennis plays Reynolds, the King’s Man. He previously starred in The Nevers as Young Rothram. Before his television debut, Freddie trained at the National Youth Theatre and The Oxford School of Drama.

His Instagram is a massive vibe, with his love for photography shining through on a lot of his posts. He also travels a lot and has visited Namibia, Lorgues and Santorini.

Michelle Fairley – Princess Augusta

Michelle Fairley in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story cast

via Netflix

King George’s mother, Princess Augusta, is played by Michelle Fairley. Michelle is already an established actress and is best known for her roles in Games of Thrones, Philomena and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Neil Edmond – Earl Harcourt

via Netflix

Neil Edmond plays aristocrat Earl Harcourt and similarly to Michelle Fairley, is already well known. The actor is best known for his roles in Johnny English Strikes Again, Alice Through the Looking Glass and Home Time.

Richard Cunningham – Lord Bute

via Netflix

Lord Bute is played by Richard Cunningham in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. The actor is best known for his roles in Rogue One, 45 Years and more recently, Living, alongside Bill Nighy.

Peyvand Sadeghian – Coral

Peyvand Sadeghian stars in the cast of Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story as Coral, Lady Danbury’s maid. Peyvand’s most recent role was in The Power, which has been adapted from Naomi Alderman’s novel of the same name. Viewers may also recognise Peyvand from her roles in Moon Knight, Pirates and 90 Minutes.

Cyril Nri – Lord Danbury

Cyril Nri in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story cast

via Netflix

Cyril Nri plays an elderly Lord Danbury. Cyril is best known for playing the role of Superintendent Adam Okaro in The Bill as well as The Life. Like a lot of his co-stars, Cyril has a history of theatre work and appeared in productions of Julius Caesar and The Tempest.

Guy Henry – Doctor Monro

Doctor Monro is played by Guy Henry who a lot of people will recognise from Holby City. He clearly knows what roles suit him best! He also also appeared The Devil’s Harmony, Outcast and of course a couple episodes of Casualty.

Keir Charles – Lord Ledger

Lord Ledger is Violet’s father and Keir Charles as cast in the role in Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. Keir has appeared in a number of TV shows and movies over the years, including Love Actually, Shadow and Bone and Death in Paradise.

Katie Brayben – Vivian Ledger

Violet’s mother, Vivian, is played by Katie Brayben. She recently one an Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her role in Tammy Faye. When she isn’t acting onstage, Katie has appeared in A Serial Killer’s Guide to Life, Doctor Who and King Charles III.

Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.