Meet Mel: The dancer and London grad who’s just joined Made in Chelsea

The ballerina moved to London to do her Master’s

There’s a new face on Made in Chelsea: Welcome to the scene, Mel. She’s just joined the show, and is already a potential love interest for Harvey Armstrong, which means yes, there are more love triangles and dramas coming our way.

On the show, Mel says she’s come over from Canada to London, and she’s got straight into the social circles on the King’s Road. Here’s everything you need to know about Mel, as she settles into life as the newest face on Made in Chelsea.

Mel from Made in Chelsea

via Channel 4

New Made in Chelsea cast member Mel is 26 and from Brussels

26-year-old Mel Hornbostel was born in Brussels, Belgium and moved to Toronto when she was young. She speaks French, and clearly sees Toronto as the place she views more as home, sharing pictures from a recent trip with the caption: “Home is where the heart is 🍁”.

via Instagram @mel.amber

Mel came to London to study for a Master’s

Mel has been in London for four years, moving here in 2019 to study. Mel is a trained dancer and came to London to study her Master’s at King’s College.

According to her LinkedIn, she got a BA in community and regional planning from The University of Toronto, and in 2019 she moved to London and studied for her MA at King’s College from 2019 to 2020. Her Master’s is in arts and cultural management. During her BA degree she spent two months studying in Rome, Italy.

She is a trained ballerina, and was also part of the official dance crew for basketball team, Toronto Raptors. As part of her dissertation at King’s, Mel wrote about gender bias in NBA cheerleading, and she was in the dance society.

Mel from Made in Chelsea

via Instagram @mel.amber

Mel is also a model, of course

Right now, Mel is also working as a model. She is currently signed to First Model Management and B&M Model Management. In London, she also works as an events organiser. According to LinkedIn, Mel is an events officer at ScaleUp Institute – a job she’s held for nearly two years.

She has just over 10k followers on Instagram

via Instagram @mel.amber

At the moment, Mel has 10.2k Instagram followers, a number which will no doubt dramatically rise if she sticks around on Made in Chelsea.

Her feed is gorgeous – think holiday snaps, outfit pics and constantly out having fun with friends. Mel clearly travels a lot, with her Instagram highlights including trips to Ibiza, Greece, Turkey, St Tropez and Morocco. Her handle is @mel.amber.

Mel from Made in Chelsea

via Instagram @mel.amber

What is Mel going to be like on Made in Chelsea?

Mel has joined Made in Chelsea as the roommate of Willow, who joined the show for the Mallorca special last year. Channel 4 has teased there might be love in the air for her, saying: “As it’s her first time dating in London and she’s having a lot of fun – but will any of our Chelsea bachelors catch her eye?”

It looks as though she’s going on some dates with Harvey, whose recent flames include Yas, Issy and Emily Blackwell. But, it’s also been teased it might not be the girls who end up in a love triangle here, as Mel has caught the eye of a couple of the guys on Made in Chelsea. Watch this space!