Former MAFS Australia stars reveal all the behind the scenes tea about their wedding days

Apparently the walking up aisle moment can be filmed up to three times

Former Married at First Sight Australia cast members have revealed what it’s like filming the weddings and all the behind the scenes work that goes into how we see the weddings play out.

Brides from previous seasons have shared an insight into what goes down on their special day and revealed it isn’t as simple as it may seem. From late starts to drawing the short straw, here are all the wild Married at First Sight Australia wedding production secrets.

The weddings can began as late as midnight

Former Married at First Sight Australia bride, Selina Chhaur, revealed that her wedding started at midnight. Speaking with Yahoo Australia, Selina said a lot of people thought her wedding was just filmed at night, but viewers had no idea just how late at night it was.

MAFS Australia wedding production secrets

via Instagram @selina_chhaur

“By the time we sat down it was about two in the morning,” she explained. “I had had my dress on for about 12 hours, I was starving. The first thing I had in my tummy was champagne. We got ready at midday, and there’s a lot of waiting around I don’t think people understand. You’ve got to do the walking down the aisle a few times, they pull you aside to do your separate voxes, then we’ll go back, eat and chat some more.”

She continued to say: “There’s so much that gets filmed that doesn’t get shown. So we didn’t sleep that night. Our wedding went through until about four or five o’clock in the morning. They are long days.

via Nine Network Australia

The honeymoon location depends on which week the wedding is filmed

Melissa Lucarelli was on season six of Married at First Sight Australia and she revealed how the honeymoons get chosen and it’s definitely all based on luck. In an interview with Yahoo Australia, she explained the honeymoon location is all based on which week your wedding is.

She said: “The weddings are divided over two weeks. So if you’re married in the first week, you go international and if you’re in the second, you go local. This is because you all have to be back on that weekend to do the first dinner party.”

The weddings are not legally binding

This may not come as a surprise to many, but it is worth clearing up. When the couples get married on the show, they do not legally get married and the ceremony is just for TV purposes.

via Nine Network Australia

A spokesperson for Nine Network Australia told Now To Love: “In order to comply with the Australian Marriage Act, which requires one month and one day notification, a marriage in law was not conducted.

“Each participant embarked on a commitment ceremony with a wedding celebrant with all due intention to commit fully to this union for the duration of the experiment.”

Despite the wedding looking intimate, there can be up to 200 people in attendance

An inside source revealed to Now To Love some major MAFS Australia wedding production secrets. The source said that although the wedding ceremonies seem intimate and wholesome on television, there can be up to 200 people in attendance due to the amount of cameramen and producers that are there.

The insider said: “It was quite overwhelming. There were so many people on what looks like a tiny, intimate wedding.”

Once the wedding vows are said, the guests have to wait on a bus

One wedding guest revealed a number of MAFS Australia wedding production secrets to Now To Love. According to the guest, once the vows are completed, the guests have to wait on a busy until the room is stripped and reset for the reception.

via Nine Network Australia

“We all had to sit on a bus for hours while production reset that space,” the insider said.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.