Lyle Lyle Crocodile Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes voiced an animated crocodile and accidentally became an iconic TikTok meme

I’m screaming

Shawn Mendes is dominating TikTok right now for a meme that shows him voicing an animated crocodile in Lyle, Lyle Crocodile who sings “la la la la.” It used to be clips from the trailer but now it’s all the croc jokes possible. One person posted a video of Hailey Bieber wearing a crocodile print jacket and now people are saying she’s wearing Shawn Mendes.

If the trend sounds dumb that’s because it is. It is honestly the worst trend going but at the same time it is jokes and people are losing their minds over it. Here’s everything we know about Shawn Mendes voicing a crocodile in Lyle, Lyle Crocodile.

Where did the Shawn Mendes singing crocodile meme come from?

The CGI musical comedy, Lyle, Lyle Crocodile was released in cinemas back in October last year. The movie follows a singing crocodile voiced by Shawn Mendes. When the first trailer dropped back in June, it had over 13 million plays and 20,000 likes within the first seven months. Now the clip of Shawn singing has been made into a meme.

On 4th February this year, Lyle, Lyle Crocodile was released on Netflix and now the memes are happening all over again. This one TikTok has over 950,000 likes and the comment section is full of people saying they’re screaming and it’s the funniest video they have ever seen.

Now though the meme has gone beyond the realms of screen recording and adding a funny caption. People will be finding claw clips in their room and saying Shawn Mendes snuck in before opening the claw clip in time with “La la la la.” Others have been finding crocodile toys in the offices where they work and saying Shawn Mendes was recently hired. People are relentless.

What is Lyle, Lyle Crocodile about?

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile is about a family that moves to New York. Their son, Josh, struggles getting used to his new school and friends. All of that changes when he finds Lyle, a crocodile who loves baths, caviar and music. The two become best friends but then a nasty neighbour threatens Lyle’s existence. The family comes together to show the world that family comes from the most unexpected places.

The film ends with Lyle and the family singing “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John, obviously.

You can watch the first nine minutes of the movie here.