Kaz Crossley arrested

Love Island’s Kaz Crossley has reportedly been jailed in Dubai on suspicion of drug offences

She appeared on Love Island in 2018

Love Island star Kaz Crossley has reportedly been arrested at Abu Dhabi airport in transit for a flight to Thailand.

According to The Sun, Kaz’s name was flagged up after a video of her allegedly snorting a white substance at a party was leaked in 2020. The video was allegedly filmed during lockdown when a number of influencers went to Dubai.

It has been reported Kaz was refused a phone call to her family but was able to send an email. A spokesperson for the Foreign Office said: “We are in contact with the local authorities following the arrest of a British national in the United Arab Emirates.”

Kaz is now set to be freed after “fully cooperating” with officials. Kaz’s representatives confirmed to The Sun that she is set to be released from prison. They said: “Kaz has fully cooperated with officials and is free to continue her journey.”

A source told The Sun: “She was looking forward to getting back to Thailand where she has been doing voluntary work and all of a sudden she is in a Dubai jail. She had only stopped off in Abu Dhabi to catch a connecting flight but her name has obviously raised a red flag. She was allowed to send just one email and wasn’t even allowed to make a phone call.”

Kaz’s agent reportedly said she cooperated with the police and is expected to be released this morning. Due to the strict laws against drugs and alcohol in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Kaz could face a minimum of three months in jail and a £5,000 fine if found guilty.

Kaz was on Love Island in 2018 as a Casa Amor bombshell and came in fourth place in the competition. She has since opened her own gym for underprivileged children in Thailand. The reality TV star is also set to appear on Channel 5’s The Challenge.

The Tab has contacted Kaz’s representatives for comment.