Cast of You People

Here’s where you recognise the Hollywood A-List cast of Netflix’s You People from

Eddie Murphy AND Nia Long?! I will be watching

Netflix’s You People follows a couple from different backgrounds and their families coming together as they clash with one another’s cultures, societal expectations and differences. The comedy is Kenya Barris’ first directorial debut and it has an all-star cast.

The cast is full of Hollywood greats, almost too many to recount which blockbuster or iconic TV series you recognise them from. So, here’s where you recognise the cast of You People from:

Eddie Murphy – Akbar Mohammed

via Netflix

Akbar Mohammed is “Amira’s stern father” who is “an architect who takes his Muslim faith seriously.” Eddie Murphy is extremely well known and the moviestar has a CV going all the way to the bottom of the seat and back. Eddie Murphy has starred in the likes of Coming to America, Shrek and The Nutty Professor.

Jonah Hill – Ezra Cohen

via Netflix

Jonah Hill stars as Ezra Cohen, a “millennial” who is “still figuring things out.” Jonah Hill is a two-time Oscar nominated actor and an all round icon who everybody knows of. Viewers will know Jonah best for his roles in 21 Jump Street alongside Channing Tatum, as well as The Wolf of Wall Street, alongside Hollywood icon Leonardo DiCaprio.

Lauren London – Amira Mohammed

via Netflix

Lauren London plays the role of Amira Mohammed, “a laid-back LA girl” who is “very chill, goes with the flow, very stylish, very easygoing.” You People viewers may recognise Lauren for her roles in The Perfect Match, Baggage Claim and This Christmas.

Lauren London was previously married to Nipsey Hussle for six years before he was killed in 2019. Lauren has previously said his death weighs “really heavy” on her.

Nia Long – Fatima Mohammed

Fatima is Amira’s mother and is played by Hollywood superstar Nia Long. Nia Long has starred in a string of Hollywood blockbusters, including Big Momma’s House, Friday and Boyz n the Hood. She most recently starred in the Netflix film Look Both Ways and is set to star in the movie Missing later this year.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus – Shelley Cohen

Julia Louis-Drefus stars as Shelley Cohen, “Ezra’s well-meaning but overbearing mom” who is “thrilled” at Ezra and Amira’s relationship. Like all the cast in You People, Julia has an incredible resume including a long list of series she has been a part of. Most notably, Julia has starred in Seinfield, Veep and The New Adventures of Old Christine. Julia has also made a trip to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as she has starred in Black Widow and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Travis Bennett – Omar Mohammed

Omar is Amira’s protective brother who is played by Travis Bennett, who is probably best known for his stage name Taco. Alongside his music career, Travis has starred in Loiter Squad and FX’s Dave.

David Duchovny – Arnold Cohen

David Duchovny is Arnold Cohen in You People, who has described as a “very content guy and says what’s on his mind.” David is best known for his roles in The X-Files and Californication. More recently, David has starred in The Estate and The Craft: Legacy.

Molly Gordon – Liza Cohen

Liza Cohen is Ezra’s sister and is played by Booksmart star Molly Gordon. Viewers will recognise Molly for her roles in Animal Kingdom, Life of the Party and most notably, Booksmart. Molly Gordon actually starred alongside Jonah Hill’s real-life sister in Booksmart.

You People is available on Netflix nowFor all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.