Shaq Love Island

Introducing Shaq: The airport security officer looking for a wife on winter Love Island

‘I’m not scared to just go for what I want’

Just when the gloomy evenings were getting too much to handle, winter Love Island is coming to save us from seasonal despair. 10 new Islanders are about to step into the villa in South Africa for the first time, including 24-year-old Shaq Muhammad– who’s on a serious search to find the one.

Could Shaq Muhammad be the next winner of winter Love Island? Here’s everything you need to know as the series kicks off tonight:

He’s 24 and from London

Shaq is 24 and lives in London. When asked what he’d bring to the Love Island villa he said: “I get on with people in general, so I think people will naturally be drawn to me. I’m a lovable person. I do put myself first and I’m not scared to just go for what I want, if I have to step on people’s toes or things like that.”

Shaq Love Island

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

Before Love Island he was an airport security officer

Before entering the Love Island villa, Shaq was working as an airport security officer but early morning shift patterns aren’t the reason he hasn’t been able to find love: “I have dated, but no-one’s just clicked fully on all levels with me,” he said.

“I’m not one to rush into a relationship if I don’t feel like it’s right for me. I’m not saying you have to tick every single box, we just have to vibe and be on the same level. So, until I meet someone like that, I’m going to stay single.”

Shaq Love Island

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

‘I’m a bit of a Casanova’

Shaq says his family would describe him as “always joking around. I’m always bubbly and vibrant. My sisters would say that I’m a bit of a Casanova.”

Adding that he’s a “great boyfriend”, Shaq said women are lucky to date him. “I’m very kind and thoughtful. Parents always love me,” he claimed. “They say, ‘He’s a good person, you should marry him!’ Once I’m with someone I’m always all about that person. I’m very vocal about that. I’m a catch!”

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

He’s looking to find his wife in the Love Island villa

Despite dating around in the past, Shaq says he’s taking his hunt for the one in the villa seriously. “I haven’t had the best luck with previous relationships,” he explained. “So I thought, why not be in the sun and potentially meet the love of my life? Hopefully I do come out with my future wife. The person I hope to marry one day. Hopefully she’s in the villa.”

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

Slang gives him the ick

In 2023, knowing what gives someone the ick is the most important question you can ask. And, for Shaq, it comes down to manners. “I don’t like rude people,” he says. “It automatically puts me off. That and slang words – if you call me ‘bro’ I’m off, that’s a complete turn off, I can’t handle that.”

Shaq Love Island

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

He currently has 4.3k followers on Instagram

Shaq currently has 4.3k followers on Instagram, which will probably shoot up by thousands as soon as he’s entered the Love Island villa. Right now, his feed is full on holiday pics taken everywhere from Marbella to Toronto. He’s definitely got his Love Island outfits ready. His handle is @shaw24s.

Shaq Love Island

Image via Instagram @shaq24s_

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip, and rumours about the 2023 series – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.