Remember when we thought things were gonna be better in 2017? LMAOOO

The Year of Realizing Things continues

Me: Wow 2016 was so bad, it really was the Year of Realizing Things. At least things can only go up from here. Bring on 2017!

2017:

Y'know, I really thought. Perhaps foolishly. But in my heart of hearts, I really believed things were going to be better in 2017.

Do you remember what total trash 2016 was? Everyone important just up and died, first of all. Then Tr*mp won the election. Pepe was kidnapped and taken hostage by the alt-right. I mean seriously: police shootings, terror attacks, Brexit, Kim Kardashian robbed at gun-point, and record-breaking heat. It was a lot.

"This was just a bad year," we all tried to assure ourselves. "Surely nothing can be worse than 2016!"

But what happened when 2016, named the Worst Year In History by Slate, finally ended on Jan. 1?

2017 says fuck you, too

2017 says fuck you, too

I mean, we're barely halfway in and the situation has rapidly deteriorated. You know the only thing worse than an America right after Trump's election? An America right after Trump's inauguration. At least we had Obama's guiding light to look towards after the untimely deaths of Prince and Bowie. Trump probably still thinks they're alive, hanging out with Frederick Douglass.

The memes? Way worse now

Y'all! Pepe fucking DIED. He was literally KILLED because the creator didn't want to see him in the hands of Nazis any longer. I didn't even know a meme could die! I practically had to take bereavement leave from work. Also, even previously perfect fodder for memes like Spongebob have taken a subpar turn.

Confused Krabs was the best Spongebob meme of 2016, and it was great:

But now, we have this cheap substitute meme:

Just kill me, OK? Please.

Society is literally falling apart

Things are way worse, holy shiiiit. Trump just fired the guy overseeing his federal investigation, Republicans laugh as they try to strip everyone of their civil rights and healthcare, and police are still out here killing unarmed Black people, even though Kendall gave them all Pepsi! Oh, and she's dating my husband A$AP Rocky so yeah, things are just bad.

This time last year, we had Obamacare, a President who didn't scheme with Russia and…OK, police were still militarized, but at least the Obama administration recognized it as a problem instead of cause for a medal of honor.

Oh, and Fyre Fest. FYRE FEST. It probably only happened because Ja Rule looked and Trump and was like, "If he can do that, I can do this!" FYI, neither of y'all can do anything.

Media is trash, and I'm including my stuff too

Cosmo is telling us how to do the Rusty Trombone. Thrussy runs rampant. I'm trying to goad folks into sending nudes. BuzzFeed gets nastier by the damn day. It's a weird time for everyone.

We probably won't even make it to 2018

Yesterday I actually said the words, "Maybe 2018 will be my year!" God, how stupid can I be? 2018 isn't gonna be anyone's year, because we'll probably all be dead by then. The fun part is trying to guess what will cause the mythicized End of Days.

Will it be civil war because Eric Trump wants to start hunting people for sport again? Will it be nuclear war because his father doesn't really understand all the liberal mumbo jumbo (read: geopolitics)? Will it be the writers and editors of BuzzFeed slowing poisoning us with internet viral viruses in the form of a "Is Mufasa Ur Thicc Disney Daddy?! ???" quiz?

Stay the fuck tuned. At this point, it's anybody's guess.