Valdo Calocane ‘stalked flatmate twice’ before killing three in Nottingham attacks

This comes after it emerged there was an active arrest warrant for Calocane at the time of the attacks

The Nottingham killer was reported to the police for stalking his former flatmate twice nearly a year before he was able to kill three in Nottingham attacks.

It had previously emerged that Valdo Calocane had an active warrant for this arrest at the time of the killings after assaulting a police officer.

Calocane’s former flatmate had first reported him to the police after noticing him in the gym in April 2022 and then in the same person reported him again in July 2022, with the second incident officially being logged as stalking by the police, reports Nottinghamshire Live.

The victim did not wish to take further action in both incidents and police were unable to locate Calocane. It has also been reported that Calocane was involved in a fight with a flatmate early in 2022 but it has not been made clear whether it was with the same person.

The information was reported by Nottinghamshire Live who took the decision that it is in the public interest to report details from a non-disclosure briefing with the police.

Local media in Nottingham attended the briefing with the Nottinghamshire Police last Thursday where the police requested that local press do not publish the details relating to police conduct.

University of Nottingham first year students Barnaby Webber and Grace O’Malley-Kumar both 19 years old, were fatally stabbed in the early hours of the morning on June 13th 2023 on Ilkeston Road.

Police then found the body of 65-year-old caretake Ian Coates on Magdala Road.

Calocane pleaded not guilty to murdering Barnaby, Grace and Ian but guilty to their manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility.

After it was revealed that police officers have been disciplined after sending “crude and distasteful” messages over a group chat and accessing information relating to the investigation, it also came to light that one officer was let go after watching bodycam footage of the victims being treated on the scene of the attack.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct is currently conducting an investigation into the actions of the police in relation to Calocane and following complaints from the victim’s families it is also considering the actions of Leicestershire Police in the weeks preceding the attacks.

Police ask local press not to publish details on Nottingham attacks during investigation 

Police officer fired after watching body cam footage of Notts attacks victims being treated 

Nottingham killer’s ‘unduly lenient’ sentence to be reviewed by High Court