Want a last minute holiday before uni? Here are the cheapest flights from Liverpool airport

Embark on the 86A to Liverpool John Lennon, strut through security and twirl onto your hot flight to one of these cities

Are all of your January deadlines and revision sessions causing serious stress? Maybe you’re in need of some winter sun or a quick city trip to procrastinate and recharge, and Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only a 45 minute journey from the city centre.

So, here are the cheapest flights for the rest of this month that won’t make too much of a dent in your bank account – you’ll have some spare for the first Heebie Jeebies of the term don’t worry.

Rome, Italy – 27th to 31st January

First off we are jetting off to the empire of all empires: ROME! Flying for £26, you can sip on beer and sit on the famous Spanish steps and forget all about the dark days of the grove wing. With the student loan just dropping you could splurge on a £88 per night hotel or you could slum it in a hostel for a mere £28 per night and slash those winter blues.

Milan, Italy – 21st to 26th January

Ciao, next up, Milan! Only got £50 left? Ditch the Sydney Jones filter coffee for a cappuccino and fly for a delightful £26. Be sure to check out the Starbucks Roastery (FREE!) and then take a dander around the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele (FREE!) before idolising the Duomo (Also… FREE!). If you have some extra euros lying around, I recommend indulging in the haven that is QC Termemilano, the most sensational, exacerbating spa experience of your life (€46 but FREE food and alcohol included!).

Wroclaw, Poland – 21st to 26th January

If you don’t fancy the pizza and pasta, how about Poland! Flying to Wroclaw for just £24, you can slip into the simple Polish way of life. This includes a shot of vodka with your breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. After your decadent dining, don’t be alarmed by any small, not at all creepy dwarfs dotted around the city – there’s 100s. Maybe try a leaning tower of Pisa type photo with them, “licking” their face, “kicking” them in the head or maybe blowing them a kiss.

Dublin, Ireland – 22nd to 25th January

Why not impress your fellow Guinness drinkers and cross the Irish Sea to Dublin for just £25. Its a right of passage to drop an occasional €9 on a stinking pint in the Temple Bar, but at least you can get a pretty photo to prove to your parents how cultural you are. Take a pew in Trinity College and romanticise what life could have been if you were Connell and Marianne whilst pretending to read Sense and Sensibility. Be sure to squeeze in a trip to the Guinness Storehouse and try to remember all the facts to recount at your next trip to Kellys.

Stockholm, Sweden – 26th to 28th January

This is your last chance to say f*** it and take a trip to Stockholm. This city comes with a £24 plane fare and designated £5 glass of wine. Lose yourself in the culture of the capital city and bring your pennies to the best flea market Jesus could ever see. If you’re feeling extra bold, take a kayak through the canals and forget all about the impending doom of your return to Kensington.

All costs are correct at the time of publication – information taken from Skyscanner.

A woman has graduated from University of Liverpool 60 years after starting her degree

Here are the best 10 sober activities to enjoy in Liverpool

This is what Liverpool Uni halls would be as Taylor Swift songs, based on vibes