Applications are open: The Leeds Tab is looking for a new Social Media Editor!

Looking for a creative outlet? Love memes? Want to boost your CV? Then apply here!

Wannabe influencer? Chronically online? Needing a creative outlet?

Well, then we’ve got the thing for you because The King’s Tab is now recruiting for a Social Media Editor to join our 2024/25 team!

Applications are open until 23rd October 2024 at 23:59.

What you’ll be doing

As our Social Media Editor, you will take charge of The Leeds Tab’s Instagram and Facebook pages.

You will share published articles to drive traffic, and engage our audience with memes, interactive Insta stories, and more!

You will also be the editorial team’s point of contact with a combined audience of 61,000 followers across both platforms, keeping us up to date on what’s happening in our DMs and comment section.

Why join The Tab?

The Tab is a nationwide student news site, spanning almost 30 UK universities with over 9 million monthly readers.

Here at The Leeds Tab, we aim to be first on the case to cover breaking news at all the Leeds universities.

We are a hub of student life, writing about everything, from serious issues like student campaigns for Palestine to the more lighthearted stuff like TikTok fashion trends.

The Social Media Editor role is ideal for anyone with a flair for internet humour and relatable content.

No experience is required, so for those looking to go into journalism, marketing, media, and more, this is a great opportunity to pad out your CV.

Regardless, any role at The Tab is a fun way to get right to the centre of student life.

We meet throughout the academic year and are always open to expanding our team, allowing you to make new friends all the time.

There are also opportunities to write for the national site and head down to HQ in London for events.

Got what it takes?

You can apply below: