Attention King’s students: TFL has announced two weeks of tube strikes during November

Prepare yourself for taking the bus everywhere this November

Londoners are advised to prepare for significant disruptions on the Underground in November due to an upcoming series of strikes.

Tube strikes are scheduled on multiple dates throughout November, with members of different unions striking for up to 15 days in total.

Services will be affected in one way or another from 1st to 16th November due to overtime bans, as well as strikes.

RMT members across different sectors, including fleet, engineering, stations, and train staff, will strike between 1st and 8th November, with a significant strike planned for the 5th

Although a number of planned Underground strikes were announced and later called off this year, the most recent strike to impact the entire Tube network occurred in March 2023.

This strike, centred on disputes over pensions and working conditions, brought London transport to a standstill. As a result, traffic jams spread across the city, and alternative services like buses, trams, the Overground, DLR, and the Elizabeth line became overcrowded.

A spokesperson for one of the unions striking, Aslef, said 98 per cent of members voted for the action, and that they’ve been “forced” to take industrial action due to TFL not negotiating with them.

A TFL spokesperson told Sky News: “We have held several constructive discussions with our trade unions and, after considering their feedback, have made a revised offer with an average uplift of 4.6 per cent which rewards our staff for their hard work and benefits the lowest-paid staff the most.

“We are engaging with our unions in good faith, having increased our offer since talks began, and have invited our unions to meet again next week.

“Our offer is fair for our people and affordable for London, and we urge our unions to continue working with us to support London and the wider economy.”