Man charged after allegedly performing indecent act on himself in Glasgow Uni library

This comes as a video went viral of a man being carried out of the library by four police officers

A 26-year-old man has been charged following reports of allegedly performing an indecent act on himself at the University of Glasgow.

The incident reportedly took place on Sunday 20th October, at the University of Glasgow’s library, located on Hillhead Street.

Police Scotland received reports of the man performing the act in the building that afternoon. He was arrested on Monday and has since been charged. The individual was scheduled to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Tuesday 22nd October.

A Police Scotland spokesperson confirmed the arrest to STV News, stating: “A 26-year-old man has been arrested and charged following a report of a man performing an indecent act on himself at a premises on Hillhead Street in Glasgow on the afternoon of Sunday, October 20, 2024.”

In response to the incident, a spokesperson from the University of Glasgow commented on the matter, saying: “We can confirm police were called yesterday to address an incident on university premises.

“The safety and security of our staff and students is always our number one priority.

“It is rare for members of staff to call the police to incidents on campus. However, sometimes it is necessary to call the authorities for the safety of those in our community, or for the wellbeing of those involved in an incident.”