Man carried out of Glasgow Uni library after allegedly performing indecent act on himself

The incident led to a large police presence on campus

A man was carried out of the University of Glasgow’s library after allegedly performing an indecent act on himself.

In a video seen by The Glasgow Tab, four police officers can be seen carrying a man out of the building whilst students stand around in shock.

@thetabglasgow This is the moment a man is carried out of the University of Glasgow’s library by police officers for allegedly exposing himself in public. Click on our bio for more 🔗 Credit: Ailidh Vize #thetabgglasgow #glasgowuniversity #glasgow #studentnews ♬ original sound – The Tab Glasgow

Witnesses said he was removed for allegedly masturbating in the library, and they alleged the individual was engaging in lewd behaviour in the study space on the second level of the building. This prompted an immediate police response with eight police officers arriving on the scene and swiftly removing the man from the premises.

Notably, the suspect was barefoot as he was escorted out of the library, according to video footage from students. It remains unclear whether the man is a student at the University of Glasgow or affiliated with any other university in the area.

A University of Glasgow spokesperson told The Glasgow Tab: “We can confirm police were called yesterday to address an incident on University premises.
“The safety and security of our staff and students is always our number one priority.
“It is rare for members of staff to call the police to incidents on campus. However, sometimes it is necessary to call the authorities for the safety of those in our community, or for the wellbeing of those involved in an incident.”
Police Scotland declined to provide a comment.
Featured image via Instagram/Ailidh Vize