Doctor Who was seen filming at Cardiff University’s Main Building this week

You guessed it, Ncuti Gatwa was there

Doctor Who was seen being filmed in and around the Cardiff Uni’s Main Building on Monday 30th October.

The scenes were also being filmed next to the Sir Martin Evans building and are believed to be part of the 2025 Christmas special.

Filming began at 4pm and wrapped shortly before 9pm, and despite the rain, fans waited eagerly for clues regarding the new series and for a glimpse of Ncuti Gatwa.

The much-awaited new series, which will air after the return of David Tennant in the 60th anniversary specials, will star the Sex Education actor Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor. He will be joined by Coronation Street’s Millie Gibson, as the new companion, Ruby Sunday. The new series also marks the return of fan-favourite showrunner, Russell T. Davies.

This however, isn’t the first time that Cardiff University’s Cathays campus has been used as a filming location. It appeared consistently throughout series nine. For example, the Sir Martin Evans building appears in series nine, episode one, “The Pilot”. However, it was masquerading as the University of Bristol.

A number of other shows have also been filmed on the campus too.