Here are the best local places to study in Cardiff which aren’t libraries

Looking for some new study spots? Well, look no further

Bored and tired of the mundane atmosphere of the library? Fancy a change of scenery? If so, we’ve found Cardiff’s hidden study gems so that you don’t have to. 

The Plan

The Plan is a wonderful study spot, situated in the Morgan Arcade in Cardiff’s city centre. It is a cosy and rustic cafe, serving food all day alongside delicious coffee.  Studying here is peaceful enough to concentrate yet has the rush of people in and out, rather than the dull setting of a library. Although if it gets too noisy, there is alternate seating upstairs to which you can continue your studies in peace.

Location: 28-29 Morgan Arcade, Cardiff.

Metchy’s Cafe and Bar

Although there’s “bar” in its name, rest assured, it provides a great place to study.

Metchy’s finds itself in the heart of Cathays right next to Lidl, and it’s a busy cafe that provides Turkish cuisine to enjoy whilst you’re studying. Although, it feels a little more expensive than other places in Cathays, Metchy’s provides a friendly and warm atmosphere with welcoming staff and a social feel.

Location: 1 Cathays Terrace, Cardiff.

Uncommon Ground Coffee Roastery

Uncommon Ground Coffee Roastery is found in the Royal Arcade right in the city centre, and you won’t be the only one studying here as many people use this cafe as a workspace throughout the day.

Arguably, it provides the freshest and best coffee in Cardiff, and paired with its nice and relaxed atmosphere, it really is fabulous place to go.

Location: 10-12 Royal Arcade, Cardiff.

Starbucks

We can’t do a round up of study spaces if we don’t include Starbucks!

There are many dotted around the city centre, of which some feel bright and airy and some more dimly lit and cosy; ideal for any type of study session. However, with the St David’s branch, you can enjoy the hustle and bustle that enters the cafe whilst also experiencing a great studying location.

Location: St David’s Centre, Bridgelink, Cardiff.

The Lounge

Providing an alternative space to coffee shops, would be The Lounge. This is for the people that may prefer a more social place to study. It’s located in the Students’ Union with many homely seats to complete your uni work in, and it provides study booths for a more private space or sofas to socialise.

Overall, this location has a relaxed feel with a social atmosphere.

Also, a big bonus is that you can bring your own food, which is great for everyone trying to save some money.

Location: Cardiff Uni’s Students’ Union .