Autumn has arrived, so here are the best spots in Cardiff for seasonal drinks

Did someone say pumpkin spiced latte?

With Halloween fast approaching and the cooler weather setting in, we explored some independent coffee shops in Cardiff to test what seasonal drinks they have to offer.

Waterloo Tea

Located in Wyndham Arcade, this quaint coffee shop has a variety of seasonal drinks to offer.

We tried their pumpkin spiced latte with whipped cream which we rated it four out of five stars.

A generous sized coffee for its price, and topped with cinnamon dust. If you’re vegan or someone with dietary requirements, this is the place to go. Not only do they offer alternative milks (at an extra charge of 20p) they also have vegan whipped cream.

Altogether, this drink came to £3.70 with the added charge for oat milk. For those of you who are trying to cut back your caffeine intake, there are also many other available options of teas, juices and hot chocolate.

You can’t go wrong.

Scaredy Cats

Next, we visited Scaredy Cats, located just outside St David’s shopping centre.

With plenty of seasonal drinks to choose from, we went for an iced gingerbread latte, which we scored a solid 4.5. The only thing that stopped it being a five was that there is only oat milk available for an alternative milk.

There are also many unique cakes and pastries on offer including a pumpkin spice blondie. What’s more is that all of their desserts are vegan!

We would definitely recommend visiting this place whilst you’re out doing some shopping and be sure to try out some of the amazing seasonal options they have.

Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A short walk from the JOMEC building is this wonderful tea shop with a great variety of seasonal matcha drinks.

Sometimes you may not be in a coffee mood but still need an afternoon pick-me-up, and the pumpkin pie matcha may just be the right choice for you.

With its warming notes of toasted cinnamon, the pumpkin pie matcha is served in a large cup, and comes with the option of coconut or oat milk.

We tried the oat milk, and we gave it a solid five for the price and taste!

Upon purchasing your drink, there is the option to join the rewards program, and enjoy your next hot drink free of charge. So, I would definitely recommend you visit this cute tea establishment in the autumn season.

200 Degree Coffee Shop

And finally, another cosy spot for the autumn season is the 200 Degree Coffee shop and barista school. I had the pumpkin spice iced latte, which I would highly recommend. This seasonal drink is the perfect level of sweetness and milk to coffee ratio. A solid five stars. It’s definitely worth a visit.

Related articles recommended by this writer: